Got a question and tell me what you think....

by Flowerpetal 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

OK, I'm going back some 40 years into the organization so some of you may or may not have heard this. I remember in my JW life, at different conventions/assemblies when the speakers would be talking about things related to the paradise earth. They would always say, "if you pictured yourself there, then you will no doubt be there."

Now the reason for my question is it seems (and I don't know that much about it) but in the Kabbalah practice, (Jewish mysticism), but one of my friends was telling me about this idea: one of the things you do is if you want something, you picture yourself having it. For example, if you want to make a lot of money in your business ventures or what have you, visualize yourself counting your money. Or if you want to travel to a place you always wanted to go to, picture yourself there, and it will happen. It might help to have visual aids or pictures that you can look at every day to reinforce what you want. The idea is that the "Universe" is there waiting for you to give you these things, and it doesn't dwell on negative thoughts; just positive ones.

So as I was musing over all of this, I just wonder of the WTS may have borrowed this idea of picturing yourself in the paradise earth from Kaballah.

What do you guys think? BTW, my friend is not into it, but she's trying this idea as an experiment to see if it works.

• JH
    JH

Maybe it comes from the bible too, since Jesus said to have faith and when you pray to really believe you'll get what you ask for.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

As I was looking thru the posts this morning I saw this one, http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/123738/1.ashx which is related to what I am asking as the DVD, The Secret, is about using the Kabbalah to get what you want. I did a Google search on The Secret, and it sent me to a Kaballah site.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Theres nothing new under the sun. Things are just remarketed over and over. Watch the movie "what dreams may come" for a visualization of your thoughts.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

What Dreams May Come was a great movie!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sure has worked for me. I've won the powerball lottery 17 times!

carmelbbbbbb

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

While I know nothing about Kaballah I must say my curiosity was piqued recently when watching and listening to Madonna who was on many news shows last week a talking about her recently adopting the baby from Africa.

As I was looking thru the posts this morning I saw this one, http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/123738/1.ashx which is related to what I am asking as the DVD, The Secret , is about using the Kabbalah to get what you want. I did a Google search on The Secret , and it sent me to a Kaballah site.

I do know a little about visualization and have used it many times myself. In practicing visualization techniques you can learn to use your imagination to get to your deepest desires. This isn't about gimme, gimme, gimme, get rich quick or anything like that. You learn the techniques of visualizing; contacting your higher self, your guide, you set goals and map a life quest. This doesn't serve greed or shallow-minded thinking like trying to have more money so you can get what you want in life, so you will be happier and bla, bla, bla.

It is serious stuff and really works it you work it, there in lies the secret to it, doing the work. It's more about self and self realization than most people are ready or able to do without a guide or help through it. Most people I dare say I'm one have neither the time or the desire to be that vulnerable or that committed. I have however every time I've used it really enjoyed what I got out of it and while I'm writing this can't for the life of me figure out why I don't just do it!

My own demonz I guess.....or just lazy!

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Well, I hope it's true. I hope I'll get a beutiful wife who will love me very much :P .

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was going to mention the movie The Secret, but you beat me to it. Interestingly the movie shows that this concept is throughout all teachings, the Bible, Buddhism etc and even many reputable scientists. This is the power of positive thinking, but taken the step futher that the universe actually works together to make these thoughts happen.

• mellisamouse
    mellisamouse

I believe in that concept for sure, it is similar to "what the bleep" and "conversations with God",also just about any success seminar will tell you the same thing.....see it, and you will SEE it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit