Do you feel bad throwing away literature?

by stuckinarut2 35 Replies latest jw friends

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    No not at all. Had to make space for my wife's Game of Thrones collection :)
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Garbage should be disposed of in a safe and sanitary means; trash as well, recycled if possible. Either way, ecological and environmentally sound means of disposal should be utilized if at all possible.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

........................................I Burned All My WatchTower Crap..

................................................IT FEELS WONDERFUL!!..

...https://cynthiarobertson.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/book-burning.jpg

• Zoos
    Zoos

I remember my own great purge and how empty and sad I felt inside while throwing it all out. I knew TTATT and I had no regrets for leaving, but somehow I was sad. That literature represented a feeling of security, albeit false.

Discussing the experience with another former JW, I was counseled to view it as leaving a once cherished but now toxic relationship. You know you're doing the right thing but the human in you still hurts.

It gets easier.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    At first I thought of returning the mags. to some KH but then, these bastards will dispense their poison to someone else. So I shredded the lot and sent it into recycle. I have the books which I think I'm gonna burn at the next new year bonfire. They will come in handy in keeping good folks warm and toasty on a winter's night!!
  • zeb
    zeb
    No.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit