Do you feel bad throwing away literature?

by stuckinarut2 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Quite the contrary - it game me a feeling of great satisfaction to deal with the lot by using a box of matches and several litres of kerosene!

Bill

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its important to throw out WTS literature, just in case children see and read it.

Quite the disgusting lying bullshit, that twists minds by exploiting delicate human emotions.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I always kept placement magazines - at one point had probably 5 feet of them. It was always hard to know what to do with them

Some were simply unplaceable, even when mix and matching a placeable Awake with an unplaceable WT, etc.

Eventually, they all went to recycling.

My only regret is that I distinctly remember having a number ( 5 - 7 ) of the Jan. 1, 1989 WT's.

Would love to have kept those babies.

• Simon
    Simon
    I think its important to throw out WTS literature, just in case children see and read it.

Definitely agree - destroy it, don't leave their recruitment propaganda around for others to pick up.

Burning it is cathartic. Normally I am against burning books but I make exceptions for holy ones.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Literature? Literature?

Lol. I threw out/ gave away literature that would offend Jehovah and made room for WT / jworg publications while studying.

The publications.

After I woke up, I put magazines through a paper shredder and ripped the covers off of books and shredded everything I could for recycling.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

No I enjoyed chucking out the rubbish. Still have two WTS bibles. One is that thick green one with all the cross references in which is quite useful when someone quotes from the NWT on here.

I have a lot of different translations of the Bible which I keep just for reference. We kept them because we saw those books as where we have come from. We didn't want to throw away our entire past as if it was worthless.

I don't believe them any more than I believe in the Homer on my bookshelves but both are symbolic to me of the journey of ancient humanity and the religious mythology that was our 'childhood'. I don't hate that journey either, it's where we have all come from.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

No..definitely not magazines or brochures, but I was sentimental and kept a copy of the great teacher book, bible stories, my witness bible and mustard songbook (what an ugly color) unfortunately didn't have a copy of the pink songbook anymore, would like one.

The books I chucked, I just tore off the covers and recycled the rest. No I didn't feel guilty. And the newer paperback books recycle nicely without any alterations :).

• Garrett
    Garrett
    When I made the decision to leave and never come back, I threw EVERYTHING away. I don't feel bad at all.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

2 years ago i cleared out my fathers house ready for selling ( he had gone into a care home ) i knew there were dozens of cult books there. i was surprised to find boxed sets of every magazine going back over 50 years. they were all over the place.

also--i found a large box full of congregation records and files.

the whole damn lot went to the dump. i wont even have any version of the bible in my home.

• DJS
    DJS
    Getting rid of the WT garbage, which I did about 20 years ago, was empowering. It was kinda like spring cleaning on steroids - you know the feeling you get when you really get rid of old, useless crap. It makes moving forward much easier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit