Do you feel bad throwing away literature?

by stuckinarut2 35 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Straight to the recycling. Tons of the stuff.

The only thing I kept was Studies in Scriptures Vol 1 for its historical curiosity.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I've keep some of the very old stuff but most got trashed. There was a time when i didn't throw out anything because it came for jehovha's organization. Now, I take lots of stuff at the literature counter and then go home and put it in the recycle bin. I do it with pleasure.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Yea i always feel bad.... Bad that i cant throw away more. Bad that its still being printed. Bad because its usually in my house when i find it.
  • user100
    user100

i don't feel bad when I recycle.. however it might be worthwhile to hold on to them so that as nu-lite comes you can point out their old beliefs in their own publications..

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Give them away to those in the 'apostate' community who would gladly take them.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Didn't bother me a bit when I loaded up three large trash bags of books, and assorted mags. When I was asked by a well-meaning but somewhat intellectually challenged uber-dub why I was throwing away all those spiritual treasures I told them it was because they were all now "apostate" teachings as "nu-lite" had changed the "truth".

He didn't get it!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I said something similar once at a kingdom hall work day several years ago!

There were several big boxes of the classic old books...Russel and Rutherford days!

Many were looking through them on the trash pile.

I said (sarcastically) "Careful! don't read too much of that...it is apostate stuff that goes against our teachings!"

I think that may have been the beginning of the end for me in the eyes of the elders who heard me....hehe!?

(I reboxed it all up when no one was looking and hid it back under the hall! I knew even then that this stuff was gold if ever we wanted to prove how STUPID the org was!)

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I think its important to throw out WTS literature, just in case children see and read it.

You know children who will pick up old dull looking books and read them? wow.. what country do these children live in? I know in the US children don't read anything unless it comes with a large LCD screen and a fancy remote.

This is why we are proud to be last in education rankings on a consistent basis.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You know children who will pick up old dull looking books and read them? wow.. what country do these children live in?

Of course they would, from ages 5 and up who are starting to read.

What if they put pick some the violent obnoxious Awake magazines with atomic bombs going off on the front cover or the many violent images the WTS. uses to put calculated fear into peoples minds.

If a JWS put that in front of my children to read, I literately kick the f..k out of someone.

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED
    Don't feel bad at all...............They should feel bad about printing the crap and wasting so much paper. Ruining the world by destroying all the trees before the world ends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit