I've gone a week without smoking!

by fullofdoubtnow 38 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

As for me, it's 10 days without smoking today, So how are you doing?????I hope well....

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Good for you, and like that TV show with Valerie Bertinelli, it's one day at a time.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It's 14 days now, including today, and I've been close to giving in a couple of times, but Trev has been so supportive and I managed to stay off cigarrettes. The patches I'm using have some side effects though, I am having some really wierd dreams almost every night. Apparently, patches can cause that. I have dreamed of being back in the wts a few times, which are of course nightmares!

This is usually the most vulnerable time for me, so if I can get through the next few days, things should get easier (I hope). I think I'll be using the patches for a long time to come, but it's better to do that than smoking.

Linda (a non - smoker at the moment)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Linda (a non - smoker at the moment)

• mouthy
    mouthy

HURRAH!!!!!!! GOOD GIRL///

The devil stole my last post

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Well done Linda!

Linda 14 Cigs 0

Have you seen this website?

http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/

Rachel

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks Rachel,

I've bookmarked that site, any help is very welcome.

Linda

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Congratulations on your success so far!

One day at a time!

GGG

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Congratulations on your two-week anniversary!!!

Don't forget to reward yourself in some way, & think of all the things you will be able to do or buy with the money not spent on cigarettes. My friends & therapist have suggested that I regard my money for drinks as better spent on books or DVD's, for instance, or set aside towards my own computer..

Keep up the good work!!!

DR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit