I've committed murder!!!

by zugzwang 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Ballistic:

In England - you are allowed to keep road kill to eat.

I don't think that's true! I remember having a recent coversation with someone about that very subject, i.e. killing a stray sheep and taking it home to feed the family for a month! Can't remember who I was in discussion with, but apparently it's an offence to take the animal home. It has to be reported.

Re killing the deer, the fact that one feels bad about killing an animal gives me faith in human kind. If one didn't care that would be time to be concerned................

Ian

• luna2
    luna2
    Ken said: I guess your guilt depends on how you were raised as a child. Killing animals for food didn't bother us. We would set rabbit gums to catch rabbits and when we caught one we would hit it in the head with a stick and then cut it's head off with a knife to drain it's blood, then skin it and remove it's intestines and have it for breakfast. When we killed pigs we used a gun to the head then cut it's throat to drain it's blood. Chickens were set on a wood block and use an axe to chop it's head off. Sounds cruel, but how else could you eat them?

I would probably be a vegitarian...well the kind that eat fish, eggs and dairy, anyhow...if I had to personally butcher the animals I ate. I can clean a fish, but that's about it.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    I don't think that's true! I remember having a recent coversation with someone about that very subject, i.e. killing a stray sheep and taking it home to feed the family for a month! Can't remember who I was in discussion with, but apparently it's an offence to take the animal home. It has to be reported.

I know in open range areas like you find in Northern Nevada if you hit a cow you have to pay the rancher for it.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

November is mating season for deer and they get NUTS and do stupid things. Yesterday I saw a girl on TV on Montel who had been sitting in a dentists office when a women lost control of her car and careened through the wall, against the girl and pushed her through TWO WALLS and pinned her against a third! She had several broken bones and a "degloved" hand and after several surgeries said that she "never felt a thing."

Dont worry honey...your deer went to deer heaven so quickly he literally never knew what hit him. Ever see the movie "Heaven Can Wait?"

hugs to you anyway...I know that's traumatic.

Loves

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Murder denotates intent to kill. It was an accident. Heck, seeing as how you rolled through Tennessee, you probably gave some Deliverance-type yokel his dinner!

Murder is the illegal killing of another human. You cannot "murder" a deer. BTW, did you at least skin it out and bring home the meat?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Murder denotates intent to kill. It was an accident. Heck, seeing as how you rolled through Tennessee, you probably gave some Deliverance-type yokel his dinner!

Naw....they prefer pigs. And they like to hear them squeal.

BTW, "Deliverance" was filmed in Jodgega.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It happens all the time here..The deer are plentifull and not that smart..Everytime I get down to the main highway there is a big red spot on the pavement where some one has killed a deer..My buddy came up into the mountains for a visit,a deer jumped right in front of the car..He hit it,he had no choice..Squirrels are bad too.You would think they would wait till you drove by..I`ll be the only truck on the road for miles and a squirrel will run right in front of me..Squash!..As long as your not "Trying" to hurt the wildlife don`t feel bad..Many animals die every day in the wilderness..It`s part of life...OUTLAW

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

zugzwang . . . Please accept my apology for saying that it seemed like you may have enjoyed hitting the deer simply because of the way you described the incident. Sademo is correct, you were trying to rid yourself of the sadness you felt . . .again, I'm sorry.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You are not weird. Killing a critter is not a natural feeling thing for most people, and even hunters have some mixed feelings about it. We ran over a deer on the freeway when my kids were tiny and I still recoil when I think of it. Not in guilt, but just dismay that it happened. Its a sad thing. We once were at a stop sign and saw a mommy and baby deer crossing the street in a bad area(people coming over a hill a little too fast usually in a neighborhood) and I knew something bad would happen. I reached over an honked the horn, trying to scare the deer or alert the people who were surely coming up the road, but the deer didn't scare easy(finally gave the kids a show and NOT the one I wanted them to see). The baby had a leg broken and the mommy made it to the side of the road and just looked confused about what to do about her baby. It was absolutely heartbreaking (serious mommy hormones were coursing through me at this point). Fortunately, one of the neighbors worked in an animal rescue group and took the baby, but I still feel bad for the doe. I live in WA state, and when I go shopping I frequently see deer at the AFB. They are lucky, no one speeds on base!

• lowden
    lowden
    Can't remember who I was in discussion with, but apparently it's an offence to take the animal home. It has to be reported.

Simply can't be true Ian!

There was a programme on Radio 4 this morning featuring the audio diary of a guy that eats roadkill all the time. Has been doing for 40 years or so.

I think a sheep may be a different thing because that's livestock ( but who's gonna chuck a sheep in the back of his car anyway......gut THAT!!! ). Deer generally isn't. Nor is anything else that's much smaller. A gamekeeper ain't gonna bother if someone lifts a dead pheasant because it's no use to him anyway.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit