I've committed murder!!!

by zugzwang 41 Replies latest jw friends

• misguided
    misguided
    (removed)

WTF!!! What's that all about!?!

Anyways...

Don't feel bad. I killed one too. I still feel like a murderer sometimes too. She ran onto the road and into ME on the driver's side and rolled all the way down the side of the van. I can still see her terrified eyes looking at me as I hit her.

However, she got her revenge...$2800 damage to my minivan!

Rose

• mama1119
    mama1119

It was an accident, don't beat yourself up!!!

• juni
    juni

Sounds like Zugzwang and Zeroday have a lot of stories to share!

My husband totalled our car w/a deer hit. Of course you feel bad, but it happens - a lot of their habitat has been taken and their predators aren't plentiful. But it's good that when this does happen that no one is hurt. That is the bottom line.

I hit a chipmunk once and started getting all teary eyed. I love animals and feel bad when this stuff happens, but that's how it is. Sometimes you can't avoid the hit.

Juni

• Undecided
    Undecided

There are animals here that werent in this area when I was a young man. Deer are everywhere, even in town. I see them across the street pertty often, there is a skunk and a groundhog living in my daughter's yard next door. I saw a coyote run across the road last week. There are wild turkeys, squirles and other ground animals. My wife hit a deer a few years ago and messed up my car. There are some bears even. What is happening???

Ken P.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

you said, " . . .So am I weird for feeling bad about killing a deer?"

No, you're weird because of your vivid description of you running over the deer . . .it almost seems like you enjoyed it.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

zugzwang - you did the only thing you could do in that situation, don't blame yourself for what happened.

I remember a train I was on running over a sheep once - it almost derailed us (our trains are very light and only 2-3 carriages long!). That was bad enough. My dad used to work on the railways, walking along the tracks repairing sleeprs etc. He said it was a bonus when they found rabbits and hares that had been hit by trains - they'd get hot rabbit stew for dinner (lunch!!) on those days! I can almost picture those guys sat trackside, tucking into hot stew! When they found a sheep, there was a cafe which used to buy them - they couldn't do that these days of course with all the regulations!!

Tigerman:

No, you're weird because of your vivid description of you running over the deer . . .it almost seems like you enjoyed it.

I'd disagree with your comment. What zugzwang is doing is classic post-trauma reaction. You literally relive every millisecond of what's happened and it replays in your head until you can begin to make some sense of what happened - 'what if I'd done this? ..not done that?' etc. It's very therapeutic to write it down somewhere.

• KW13
    KW13

hey you couldn't of helped what happened, not your fault at all.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I remember running over a cat some years ago and feeling absolutely terrible about it for days afterwards. I knew it wasn't my fault, the cat ran out right in front of me, but all I could think about was that I'd killed someone's pet, and how miserable it must have made them.

It's nothing to feel guilty about, of course, but most of us do when it happens to us.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I guess your guilt depends on how you were raised as a child. Killing animals for food didn't bother us. We would set rabbit gums to catch rabbits and when we caught one we would hit it in the head with a stick and then cut it's head off with a knife to drain it's blood, then skin it and remove it's intestines and have it for breakfast. When we killed pigs we used a gun to the head then cut it's throat to drain it's blood. Chickens were set on a wood block and use an axe to chop it's head off. Sounds cruel, but how else could you eat them?

There were no dear here then because they had all been killed and eaten. We couldn't afford beaf very often. Sick dogs weren't taken to the vet, if they couldn't be cured by home remedys we had to shoot them to put them out of their misery. WoW, times have changed!!

Ken P.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Some people call it road pizza. Seriously though, i hate hitting animals on the road. I even swerve to not run over dead ones. I saw a scampering squirel get hit by a car, once. I picked up his little body and put it on the grass.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit