Posted Zero hours preaching- Fading faster

by OnTheWayOut 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

If you have an elder with observable wavering, he may just be tired. I doubt it was caused by doubt in the doctrine

I didn't say it was observable; I said I was observing him. Others did not notice, which is why the congregation let out an audible communal gasp when it was announced. Perhaps I should rephrase my comment to say that often times individual members of the congregation "sense" what is going on, regardless of how well the elder may feel he is accomplishing his goal of "going through the motions."

I do know that he purchased the transcript of the Tort of Misrepresentation when it came out, because someone told him this I purchased a copy of the journal in which it appeared. I also know that he visited AJWRB website. Shortly after the "Tort" was released, our CO visited, and announced from that platform, for all of us to hear, that the "Tort" was full of lies. This guy, our PO, went up to him after his talk and asked him just which part was a lie. The CO denied ever saying this. Our PO just smiled, said OK, and walked away.

Justitia

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have to ask,

the Tort of Misrepresentation

What is it? Is there a webpage or thread about it?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

It's a scholarly essay, so you must purchase it. Or, it is probably available from the library. This website shows how you may obtain a copy.

http://www.freewebs.com/madamequixote/

Justitia

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    http://www.reexamine.info/images/bloodessay.pdf

Okay, I found it myself. I will look at it soon. Thanks for mentioning the Tort of Misrepresentation.
    Apparently, it is a document that show how the WTS misused or mislead with various quotes in it's
    efforts to ban blood transfusions. How did I not know this was out there? Anyway, I do now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit