Posted Zero hours preaching- Fading faster

by OnTheWayOut 23 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

For the first time in my JW history, I turned in a slip with a big Zero written in every column,
    turned it over and wrote "Zero Tracts" Below that, I wrote "Stumbled by the CO"
    ( See http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/121888/1.ashx if you want to understand the CO comment.)

I have had a couple months with 1 hour, several months with 2 or less than 5. As an elder,
    I always maintained at least an average of 9.

Well, I will update here as to what (if anything) they say about this.
    I plan on saying:
    After 11 years as an elder, if I am only worth 10 minutes to the Society's representative,
    if he won't change dinner plans for me, then I understand that I am not worth the time.
    I am sure you brothers have other valuable things to do with your time, so do I.

I appreciate the support you all gave me when I first reported my progress. I will let you know
    how it goes.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Keep up the good work! By the way, the CO wasn't worthy of your time. After 11 years, you've heard more than your share of crap. Maybe next month you'll go into the negative column? Keep us posted.

• becca1
    becca1

You are either brave or insane. Either way you're asking for it!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Did you feel proud or did you feel guilty? I am proud of you!

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Well, I will update here as to what (if anything) they say about this.
    I plan on saying:
    After 11 years as an elder, if I am only worth 10 minutes to the Society's representative,
    if he won't change dinner plans for me, then I understand that I am not worth the time.
    I am sure you brothers have other valuable things to do with your time, so do I.

I read your story the first time, and I got pissed off. I would feel the same way, and would say the same things.

Please, keep us updated.

Warlock

• mama1119
    mama1119

Good for you! Keep us posted

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hi OTWO,

Your story is one of the main reasons that this forum has become a huge part of my life! Not for the sadistic entertainment value of hearing someone's suffering... Not for the self promotion of "look how smart we are"...and..Not for the buzz of "look how cruel and foolish those JW's are"... but for the hope that comes from seeing someone like you escape! Makes me think about what Red said when Andy crawled out of Shawshank.

Wow.. if an elder can get out alive, maybe my family can too.

In all the work that you must have done as a shepherd, can anything be as worthwhile as leading the way to safety for yourself and your flock? My wife and I WILL be praying for you... we might even throw an extra couple of puppies on the alter for ya! Don't give up!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Did you feel proud or did you feel guilty? I am proud of you!

I felt fantastic. It was very uplifting. I have attended meetings since resigning with a new outlook.
    I still wear a tie, almost never a jacket. I comment at each meeting once or twice- enough to be
    part of the meeting, but I choose comments that don't conflict with my current understanding of JW's
    I am able to listen and hold in the laughter, not worried about details of the meetings or KH, I am able
    to overlook the gossipping and judging others.

I guess this is a bit of a game to me. I let the BOE know I have "doubts" but I don't say enough to
    be judicial. I don't say anything negative to rank and file, so they don't have problems with me.
    The brothers walk on eggshells, because they know I am intelligent enought to hold my own with any
    discussions they might have and they know how badly the CO botched it up.

Most people fade quietly. I actually do intend to do that, but I needed to get some firm standings
    established in order to keep the elders off my back. If they say nothing, I will continue exactly as I
    am doing, but if they want to shepherd me, they know not to expect sudden positive results. They now
    assume I will pounce on anything they say to me, but really, these are the guys I don't want to get
    judicial with, so I would never do that.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    we might even throw an extra couple of puppies on the alter for ya

I really like puppies, but if you must, could you use pit bulls?
    Thanks for the encouragement. The JWD has been a great help.

I've managed to cut back on it a little, and enjoy other aspects of life,
    but I still have need of the addiction as I withdraw from the Borg.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hey OTWO,

What do suppositories and CO's have in common?

Don't know?.... PM me for the answer...

The administrator would have to delete the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit