What are some personal truths you now believe in after leaving the WT?

by lovelylil 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Nice list lil, I agree with all of your points, apart from not being a believer in god anymore. My motto nowadays tends to be "live and let live". I plan for the future to a degree, ie savings, I'm getting married next year, but I no longer worry about whether I'm going to gain eternal life or not. I'll live this life for now.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Real friends are nice, and blood isn't necessarily thicker than water.

Both sadness and joy are self-perpetuating.

Money is not an economic resource (oh sorry, thought I was on the ECO11 site).

• garybuss
    garybuss

Qustion everything!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

dedpoet - congrats on your engagement!

sass my frass - "both sadness and joy are self perpetuated" - I love this one!

garybuss - "question everything" - this is a great one too. By doing this, I kept myself from joining another WT like religion after leaving the JW's.

Thanks all for your comments so far and please - keep em coming. Lilly

• freyd
    freyd

1) Jesus died as a ransom for all, including repentant fallen angels 2) that the wt is like Islam--counterfeit and dangerous. One follows a false fds the other a false prophet. worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52736 3) all religion has some truth, but they themselves are not THE TRUTH 4) Matt 24:45 can only refer to one individual in the end times Bibletoday.com 5) Only the indivudual members of the Bride are and have been on trial 6) Judge Rutherford(Matt 24:48)is the founder of the jw's 7) jw doctrine is to Truth what Islam is to Judaism christianquestions.net 8) Israel since 1878 is being re-established by God. http://israelsdestiny.com/ 9) jw doctrine substitutes Armegeddon for Hell. 10 The real JW's were Jews.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Question everything!

That is one I subscribe to. Also:

The Bible can be used to support almost any belief.
    Since the Bible can be used that way, so can many facts, opinions. Question everything.

• garybuss
    garybuss

In business we identify assumptions and give them weight and value. In religion, assumptions are assumed correct, assumed to have more value than fact, and are framed with titles like "self evident truths" and "items of faith".

In religion, who can question an "item of faith"? That would be heresy. In religion, making decisions based on that which can not be seen, measured, or quantified, is the norm. In business, that's a fast way to failure.

Why is it that . . . that which does not work in business, works in religion? It doesn't work in religion. It's just that in business the results are tangible, in religion the results are intangible. In the business of religion, intangible assumptions seem to work because the success is intangible, but the main reason assumptions work in religion is the failures are intangible.

In religion, there's no value in the failure. What a great product!

• daystar
    daystar

1. There are no truths, only practical, working, theories, about absolutely anything.
    2. Fear of ourselves and our true potentials, individually and as a species, are what will hold us back from attaining greatness.
    3. Everything is always in its right place, though it may be near inconceivable at times to believe this.
    4. If bad can come from good intentions, good can come from bad intentions.
    5. We are all connected in ways hard to describe. Each one of us are sinners if even one of us has sinned. Yet if even one of us is redeemed, we all are. We are each and every one of us damned and redeemed in equal parts, both angel and devil. You share your neighbor's sins and sainthoods, for we are all One.
  • NubianIsMe
    NubianIsMe

Hi! I'm Marilyn. Really glad to rediscover this site and like minded persons. :) 1. Jesus Christ is the "truth" not a religious group. 2. Jesus said eat the bread and drink the wine. WTB&TS says don't. Only a special group referred to in a vision is to partake. I think Jesus is correct. 3. No where in scripture does it say maintain your time preaching. 4. The NWT is twisted and "someone" is going to have to answer for that one day. 5. It amazing how JW say read your Bible, yet they read the Watchtower which uses proof texts. I will stop otherwise this is like that song that will never end. M

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Marilyn,

welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself to everyone when you are ready. Thanks for your comments. I sent you a pm. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit