What are some personal truths you now believe in after leaving the WT?

by lovelylil 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

These are things I hold as personally true for me:

1) There is no religion today that has the only truth about God

2) The bible contains truths for Christians but other religions have books that contain truth for them

3) The world is made up of mostly good people who want the same things in life as I do

4) Being a believer in God does not make me superior to any who choose not to believe in one

5) All of life is precious and should be held in the highest regard possible

6) love is more powerful than anything else in the universe and truly does conquer all things

7) Life should be lived to the fullest each day, as no one knows what tomarrow may bring

8) There is beauty all around us and in every living thing on the planet

9) The greatest thing a man could ever achieve in this world is peace for all peoples

• Sam87
    Sam87

i no longer throw everyone into two groups 1. ''the truth'' and 2. ''the world''.

and i have realised that apostates arnt actualy as scary as they were made out to be.

Sam87

• Sam87
    Sam87

sorry meant to say ''one of two groups'' (its friday im tired, lol)

• Quandary
    Quandary

All humans are God's children and just as normal human parents don't kill their children because they are disobedient so too the Almighty is not going to anhilate 6.5 billion people because wacky religion says they are being disobedient to Him.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Quandary,

I totally agree with that too. I don't know how religion can teach that God is going to destroy or burn alive forever millions of people just for not believing a certain way - and then in the next breath teach "God is Love" ????

• Quandary
    Quandary

Lovely- Your list was excellent. I agree with each point.

Q

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I personally believe in cults and I believe the WTS tops them all.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Isn't truth undisputable answers to questions? Does the WT have any of these to offer? I don't think truth is subjective definitions different people choose to call "truth". But that is just my guess.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

David,

I agree with you and that is why this thread is asking for "personal truths". These are things that are true for you as an individual, not necessarily things others will hold as true. I was not asking for absolute truths - like the kind you find in science and mathmatics. But thanks for helping me clarify this point. Lilly

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Nice list! That's magnet-to-the-fridge material!

I've found that given the exact same set of facts, and an equal understanding of them, two people can still honestly disagree. And I'm no longer compelled to get them to come around to my point of view. (Not that I won't try once in awhile, just for sport!)

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit