Why am I paralyzed with fear?

by AuldSoul 44 Replies latest members private

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So much good advise here, and while I am in the Mental Health service, I've got little to add that you don't obviously already know.

I'd like to echo Trevor's comments, though. It's ok the let go and let your instinctive part take over, once in a while. Spending a little time allowing yourself to do that may help. Sometimes doing "nothing" can be the time best spent.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I can relate to the place. The only way I found to combat it was to stop thinking about it and just do it, whatever it was. And keep moving, regardless of right or wrong. You will make mistakes obviously and learn. Anything is better than living in fear.

I saw a psychologist as well which was very helpful. This was before the net and though there is much great advice here of similar intent and insight, I don't think it should be a replacement for professional help. And there's no need to feel embarrassed or "broken" for doing so; it shows strength to tackle something head on and show it the light of day. The alternative is to stay where you are.

My 2 cents.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

I located this in my "Favorites." It's been awhile since we've heard from Auldsoul; perhaps all the fine advice given our friend can be of help to us once again. There are some real gems in this thread. The love and concern is overwhelming.

CoCo

• bernadette
    bernadette

thanks for reminding us of this thread Coco - I have been missing auldsoul's comments too.

Best wishes to auldsoul as he continues his journey through life and thankng him for sharing his thoughts and feeling with us.

bernadette

• compound complex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit