1874 a date the Lord chose?

by lovelylil 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

I would like to study your link, but my tea leaves tell me that I was predestined to never look at it.

I guess you messengers were predestined to come here for whatever purpose we are now accomplishing.

But, if it is all predestined, then why do we need messengers?

I leave you now to go buy my predestined Ferrari.

Live long and prosper.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

James,

I want to give Freyd the benefit of the doubt and think that his comments about the mediator just came out wrong. I know many BS brothers of mine and they do believe that Christ is their mediator. I think what Freyd was trying to say is that the Church is justified now through Christ's shed blood. And they believe the rest of the world made up of unbelievers will have Christ as their mediator in the millenial age. At least that is what some BS tell me.

Freyd - here is a little advice for you. People would take you more seriously if you would take your head out of Russell's books a little and bury it in the Bible itself. That way when you have to make a defense for your beliefs, you can do so on solid biblical grounds. I mean you will meet many like James and I that will not look into any man made books anymore to interpret the bible, and really you can't blame us due to our JW experience.

Also you will meet other Christians who have a very solid bible background and they will think you are brainwashed or just plain nuts for quoting from a book some made wrote who has been dead now 90 years. That is why for us Christians, bible knowledge is essential. The truths written in it do not change and we are encouraged to check everything we are told with the Bible to make sure it originated with God.

For most of us, myself included, having done that - we have found that although Russell was probably a nice guy, pretty good Christian man, he was led away to believe in the teachings of some men from his day and many today realizing that have rejected most of his teachings. Its too bad though as he had some really good thoughts. Jesus' words though are always highest priority for most Christians.

Hope we did not frustrate you too much and please do come back soon. At least you took the time to try to give us answers and did not do a hit and run like some BS. Lilly

• freyd
    freyd

We understand that we're not to be taken seriously by most. We're in the process of completing the Church, not in gaining converts which we justify like the WT in numbers that God is on our side.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Freyd - you posted:

"We're in the process of completing the Church, not in gaining converts"

So, how do you complete the Church without gaining converts?

And, why in the hell isn't it already complete now about 5+ generations after you say Christ started ruling?

Surely those 144,000 righteous men can't be that hard to find...

• freyd
    freyd

Matt 24:28...."for wherever the carcase may be, there shall the eagles be gathered together." If you're called fine, if not you have access to God by means of Christ.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

freyd,

The problem with your last statment is this: you bible students think that only those who believe Russell was the FDS or 7th messenger are part of the real church. When the scriptures show those who accept Christ are and does not say we have to except anyone else. And by believing this - you have misjudged many true believers in the body of Christ and not accepted them. (myself included) And simply because we wish to remain more loyal to Jesus' words than to the words of Russell. So be it though, as you will have to explain your reasons for this when the Lord does arrive.

There was a similiar thinking back in Paul's day that it was more important to follow and be loyal to a man instead of Jesus alone. Notice Paul's thoughts on this - copied from NIV bible.

1 Corinthians 1:12-14

12 What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas [a] "; still another, "I follow Christ."

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into [b] the name of Paul? 14 I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius

Who do you follow more closely, Russell or Christ? Peace be with you, Lilly

• freyd
    freyd

Same thing exists today among BS.

• james_woods
    james_woods

If you're called fine, if not you have access to God by means of Christ.

Are you aware that you just stated that you "called" guys do not need Christ? (to have access to God) -

Pretty arrogant, IMHO, for people who seem to have their shorties in a knoght over the date 1874 (and a date whose author was demonstrably not the "7th messenger" Russell)!!!

Good that you at least understand that most people will not take you seriously.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Matthew 24:28 - Oh I get it now, the BS are following Russell's dead carcass! Thanks for explaining that Freyd. Lilly

• freyd
    freyd

Remember how Jesus taught people to pray? It wasn't thru him. And who were those people? R U baptized into Jesus death? Or are you baptized into an organization? This is getting off the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit