1874 a date the Lord chose?

by lovelylil 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome Freyd...we want to be your friends. You need to be able to see both the lighter (and darker) side to enjoy this forum. Lil can be of great help.

Anyway, I can answer your question:

Who is the Great Restorer?

It is that old guy that Jay Leno keeps in his airplance hanger to work on those old Stutz and Duesenberg classics from the 1930s.

_______

Seriously, would it not be better to focus on the founder of your religion (Jesus Christ) and his qualities and teachings than upon all these abberations of chronology? He did not seem to beat himself up much over the symmetry of the pyramid of Giza...but he sure was nice to ladies of the night, blind beggars, and people eaten up with leprosy.

Welcome again,

James

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

freyd,

interesting comment copied from Russells book volume 2. While I do not disagree with the fact that the scriptures say that the great Restorer (Jesus) must remain in heaven until the restitution time comes, (as that is what the bible says and I am a bible student) what I and many others here disagree with is that this time came in 1874. Again, it has already been shown that Russell got his dates from Barbour, not the Lord. Your BS elder cleared that up for us.

And I know James and I and others are awaiting those 45 points....................do I have time to go make a cup of coffee or should I stay here and keep waiting anxiously? Lilly

• freyd
    freyd

Thank you for the welcome. I am not as dogmatic as many on this subject. I simply find that when polarization occurs, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. There's also 2Pet 3:4 to consider. Personally, outside of chronological support from the Jubilees and the Pyramid, there's no absolute reason that Jesus had to return in 1874 although something did have to occur. As for CTR, he was 22 at the time and scripture said he would be found doing what he had been assigned when the master did return. It seems logical to me that this could well have been 1914 for example and in the interim, God himself had been in the process of selecting a bride for his son, as is the Scriptural custom. Shalom.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

freyd,

Thanks for your comments. Now, you said something about the scripture saying Russell would be found doing what he was supposed to do? Are you trying to say that Russell was mentioned in the bible? Do tell us more. Lilly

• freyd
    freyd

Yes you read well between the lines. I believe CTR had been appointed from birth, by God, to be that Wise and Faithful Servant. Not a prophet, although he was prophetic, and not an apostle. But a servant to the church.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

freyd - and what do you base those beliefs on?

• freyd
    freyd

PS I'm long time x-active dub. The Truth is like a puzzle. All pieces have to fit.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Freyd - HI!!! you just posted -

I believe that CTR was selected from birth?

James gave up on predestination because my old Presbyterian pastor could not explain it to me.

Not a prophet, although he was prophetic, and not an apostle. But a servant to the church.

How can you be prophetic, but not be a prophet? Ok, I get it. You are prophetic when you utter prophecy -

you are a prophet (a true one at least) when it comes true...Maybe he was also not an apostle, but yet apostolic?

Did it ever occur that you are worshipping the wrong guy? CTR died on a midnight train in Texas, (like Kenny Rogers Gambler friend) -

not on the cross at Calgary.

Hang in there - good you came back for this good fun.

We love you-

James

• freyd
    freyd

He is not worshipped. ROM 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[j] who[k] have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified;" NIV

• james_woods
    james_woods

Jesus?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit