Who I really am

by JWdaughter 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This is so stupid, but yesterday I was shopping and I saw this wild blouse and I thought-If I could dress how I really wanted to, I would buy that blouse. I walked away and was thinking-Why the hell shouldn't I dress how I want to? Because someone told me that orange paisley print is tacky? Prints are tacky? Those sleeves are not businesslike, not a conservative choice, my husband would think I became some raving hippie/democrat/lesbian??? Well, the hippie democrat part got me turning around and going straight back to the store to try on the top. It is SO me. I just love it. I am not a lesbian, but I am one well bathed hippie at heart! I am now the proud possessor of a very expensive polyester(OK that part I can find no justification for, but I still love it!) wrap around blouse with crazy puffy sleeves. And I did not even wait till it went on sale, much less clearance.

Why would I go through my life dressing like someone else thinks I should? Especially when most of the someone elses never even have MET me? The only people who really love me still will even if they hate the top, and the rest don't matter. Why do I do this to myself? Aaargh. Anyway, without religion, politics, marriage or other issues clouding me, I tend to make intersting clothing choices.

Shelly

• gordon d
    gordon d

Obviously "who you really are" is some trampy slut type person... with a total disregard for stumbling the rest of us. I suppose I could let the color slide but PAISLEYS!?! Don't you realize that paisleys are nothing more than very ornate sperms????

With Hussies like you and Monica Lewinsky parading around in there insemenated outfits... I'll just stay home and try to quickly change the channel during the Girls Gone Wild infomercials, Thank you!

• Mum
    Mum

Isn't it just great! I went shopping a couple of weeks ago and bought, among other items, a black dress with a leopard print overblouse, a blue paisley sweater, a purple microsuede pantsuit and a long pink scarf.

Keep on buying what you like and enjoying yourself!

Best regards,

SandraC

• Mystla
    Mystla

my ex wouldn't let me wear anything sleeveless... now I own more tank tops than I can count... and the two dresses I own are both sleeveless (and both qualify for the hippie era) I love being Me! and not dressing how someone else thinks I should!

Misty

ps.. you would have regretted NOT buying that blouse way more than you will ever regret owning it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    ps.. you would have regretted NOT buying that blouse way more than you will ever regret owning it.

There's a logical fallasy if ever I saw one. We used to say stuff like that when we wore flaired trousers in the 70s

• trevor
    trevor

Who I really am

Who am I really?

Who really am I?

Am I really who?

Am I who really?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

JWDaughter -- that is probably one of the healthiest recovery things you could do for yourself! YAY You!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

There's a logical fallasy if ever I saw one. We used to say stuff like that when we wore flaired trousers in the 70s

C;mon LT, you're not that old. I've met you I KNOW you're not that old! (sh*t, are you that old? I know I am...)

• Woofer
    Woofer

Ohhh I want to go shopping tonight .

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

You go for it JW Daughter!!

A few weeks back I did a similar thing - I got my hair dyed with blue streaks (which had faded to pale green by the time the Apostacurry came around) - because I'd never been allowed when I was young - it's like I'm having a delayed teenage rebellion - and it's FUN!!!!

It really is a part of recovery like Brenda said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit