circuit ass-embly

by bonnzo 30 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think the BORG made the announcement about their web site being ".org" and that is how they subtly make the r&f not type in .com ???

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

In this area a family of say 4 who as an income less than about $80,000 per year is considered on the low income side. (high low - low middle) and it is hard for them to get by. Also a starter home that needs lots of work is going for around $329,000.

I know exactly what you mean. Here in South Florida, the median price is close to $400,000. Not as high as many areas in NY/CT/MA or the West Coast, but still substantial.

My wife and I combined make a bit over $100k per year but in many ways we really do feel "poor." When nearly half goes to pay your mortgage and with doubling and tripling in home insurance rates (ours is now nearly 4,000 per year), you look at your bank account and things look rather "thin."

Sometimes you wonder where all the money goes.

Rub a Dub

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Materialism is a character flaw that is not made any worst by a better education. In fact, I would guess that if you are busy studying and working hard to learn you don't have time and energy to worry about what the latest toy is that is being sold. You also have your mind on more important things than just trying to impress someone with your wealth. The other thing, the Society worries about is the time that is taken away from the ministry if a person has a carreer. I know of many professional people who work at home on a part time/ full time basis, with no traveling to an office. These jobs are paying very well and the employers are happy to have such skilled people stay with their companies working from home. Many witnesses who have gotten an education are enjoying some of these benefits and actually are spending time in the ministry, what is sad, is so many others who never got an education have to work for much lower wages, which requires often times working more than one job just to make ends meet. Many young ones start out pioneering out of high school only to end up woking more hours and having less time in the ministy than those who they critized for getting an education. So many things wrong with the Society's slant on higher education, it isn't even funny anymore, just plain sad.

OC

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

That's great-- circuit ass-embly! Remember those good old asssssemblies where the dorky brothers would carry around the great big signs saying "Quiet" and things like that. Oh and let's not forget the applause and ooohhing and aahhhing over new books and tracts.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Holy crap!! .... I forgot all about the "quiet" signs. I wonder why they didn't go ahead and make the "OOOhhh", "Aaahhh", and "Applause" signs too?

• becca1
  • becca1
    becca1

Education=knowledge and the WTS finds that scary.

• Mr. Kim
  • SirNose586
    SirNose586

On one part, the PO lamented how "...high schools don't suggest going into the full-time ministry as a good career."

OF COURSE NOT! PASSING OUT CULT PROPAGANDA IS NO CAREER!

And I really wanted to just...out of the blue, scream that to him onstage. In front of everybody.

Sometimes that mask is hard to maintain....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    oh yes, an interesting announcement: "the internet address for the society is NOT www.jehovah's witnesses.org, but is www.watchtower.org. wonder why?

Love it! well done, Simon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit