circuit ass-embly

by bonnzo 30 Replies latest jw friends

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

just a few notes. the entire ass-embly was dealing with materialism or higher education; apparantly one leads to the other. why cant the WTS realize that higher education is not just a means to get rich or ahead in this system, but a means to have a career outside of janitorial work? BEST LIFE magazine, a mens specialty magazine(esp. for older men) had a question in an advice column regarding a man who was trying to get his son interested in a college education. the advisor stated that even though the majority of college grads do not get a job in the field that they studied in college, college is important because it teaches one to think for themselves, which is what scares the WTS.

oh yes, an interesting announcement: "the internet address for the society is NOT www.jehovah's witnesses.org, but is www.watchtower.org. wonder why?

this was the most boring assembly ever. i gotta get outta this place!!!

• carla
    carla

Another ass-embly?! How many of these *&^(* things do they have a year? Didn't they just have one?

• gordon d
    gordon d

Bonnzo... you poor misguided fool. Don't you realize that we will all be in a new paradise earth before we could ever reap the benefits of something so worldly as preparing for our family's future.

Hey Dad... are we there yet?

By the way, can I borrow a few bucks for gas to get to the next assembly... brother?

Your post probably hits the nail on the head of the one area that still pisses me off the most!

• Sam87
    Sam87

oh yes, an interesting announcement: "the internet address for the society is NOT www.jehovah's witnesses.org, but is www.watchtower.org. wonder why?

haha i bet a few people have accidently been to the ''wrong one'' lol

• Arthur
    Arthur

The most exciting moments in any Circuit Assembly are when the chairman announces that the friends should not picnic on planted areas during the lunch break; and to not throw trash in the recycle only containers. Yes indeed, those are some exhilarating moments.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Maybe that's how thirdwitness and scholar ended up here.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hi Arthur,

Most exciting part? I don't know... for me, it was pretty exciting to actually get to the bottom of one of those rock-hard (tasteless) ice cream cups after several hours of tryng to eat with that crappy, little, wooden paddle.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Ok, so the WT says that college isn't necessary, and at the meetings they say "Give us more money or God will kill you."

• Arthur
    Arthur

It's funny how the WTS is so anti-intellectual and anti-university. Who do they think performs JWs life-saving surgeries? College graduates. Who developed all of the type-setting and art software that the WTS uses? College graduates. Who delivers the sister's babies? Who developed all of the medical breakthroughs, the life-saving anti-biotics, and the computers JWs use? College graduates.

Who designs the cars they drive? Who designed and engineered the water system and electrical power grids that they depend on? Who manages JWs investments, and who has managed the national economy so that JWs have jobs to go to? College graduates. How did all of those JW lawyers who work at Bethel actually become lawyers? Oh dear; they went to an evil, worldly university.

So, I really wish the WTS would shut it's big pie hole about the evils of college and universities. Otherwise, they would still be peeing in outhouses, and writing their Watchtower articles on papyrus.

• Clam
    Clam

My sister and brother in law cut short their holiday in France just so they could go to the recent one. I'm sure it was worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit