circuit ass-embly

by bonnzo 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, the most exciting moment of the ASS-embly, is when you hear that final "Amen" and you think "thank Christ that's over with!"

• luna2
    luna2
    Chameleon said: Ok, so the WT says that college isn't necessary, and at the meetings they say "Give us more money or God will kill you."

Apparently, the WTS has determined that its in their best interest if the majorty of JWs are lower-middle class (or less) on the income scale, who have to work like dogs to afford their extremely modest apartments or houses (if they are lucky), who do limited television viewing (because they really can't afford cable), who have no high speed internet so that surfing the net is difficult, and who can barely afford a family outing let alone a vacation. This way all attention can be focused on the Kingdom Hall, where the remainder of the family's disposable income is supposed to go. This was certainly what we were hearing back in the mid-80's in Illinois. I had gone back to school. Probably the best thing I could have done for myself and my sons...and I quit on their advice. Probably my one biggest regret ...other than joining the cult in the first place.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Actually if you type in www.jehovahswitnesses.org you will be redirected to www.watchtower.org.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    It's funny how the WTS is so anti-intellectual and anti-university. Who do they think performs JWs life-saving surgeries? College graduates. Who developed all of the type-setting and art software that the WTS uses? College graduates. Who delivers the sister's babies? Who developed all of the medical breakthroughs, the life-saving anti-biotics, and the computers JWs use? College graduates.

Arthur - you missed an important one.

Who do they think developed the technologies to isolate 'blood fractions' that allow them to use blood while claiming they don't?

Jeff

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I have not been to the assembly in years but went to the public talk last sunday(im a mommas boy) and it was one of those STORE YOUR TREASURES IN HEAVEN NOT ON EARTH talks. It harped and harped on how some brothers and sisters should rethink their prioritys and focus on the afterlife.

Its such recylcled drivel. But noone there sees it.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi bonnzo,

I thought about going to the CA to see if I would still know anyone there and see what it was like after 30 years. Was it in Winston Salem or do they have it in another place now? I may be thinking of the DA. I couldn't sit all day anymore in those hard seats anyway so would just stop by during intermission or something.

Ken P.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I have seen so many families in the tower fall apart due to constant financial worries. In my area (a suburb of Boston) we lost about a 1/3 of all our families in the kh one summer when they moved to cheaper states to live like Georgia. In this area a family of say 4 who as an income less than about $80,000 per year is considered on the low income side. (high low - low middle) and it is hard for them to get by. Also a starter home that needs lots of work is going for around $329,000. This is a small 2 bedroom which would not even be suitable for a family of 4. Many families here have cracked under the stress. There is no way you can live here without a skill or higher education.

My family was fortunate that my hubby always made a good income. Due to my health issues I can only take per-diem work. But still when we were in the tower my hubby settled for a job that paid less but gave him meeting days off and we did often struggle with money. We ended up using credit cards to cover normal expenses and just now (3 years after leaving the org) have been able to pay them off. and that only because my hubby accepted a new higher paying job now that he does not have to attend meetings. Just in time too as my daughter needs braces badly and is starting her appts. next month and hubby's insurance does not cover any of it. Total price $5,500 which is currently more than my car is worth! But for her it is not only cosmetic, she gets headaches constantly due to misalignment of her teeth. I guess if we stayed in the tower, she would have had to suffer with bad teeth and headaches? Lilly

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sure she would, but for only "a little while longer" as this system keeps panting on towards its end! Ye of little faith. Jehoobiedoo would have had his son do the dental work for you and of course your daughter could play with a koala bear at the same time. You blew it.

W.Once

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

W. Once, LOL! I guess I am a bad Christian for not giving that money to the WT and waiting for Jesus to heal my daughters teeth in the new system? No wonder I am a postate. Lilly

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Also a starter home that needs lots of work is going for around $329,000. This is a small 2 bedroom which would not even be suitable for a family of 4.

That same home in Kansas runs around $60,000. I'm glad I live here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit