THE UNSEEN MAGIC and THE MYSTERY of the MUNDANE

by Terry 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under_believer
    under_believer
    He only wants to distract the feeble human away from God.

But it doesn't work with smart people like you, who know what o'clock it is.

Is that it, TopHat?

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

My my...we seem to believe we have Satan figured out don't we? How does anyone really KNOW if He is "evil" to us or not? Do you even know him? If God considers him "evil" whatever His defintion of that word is...does that mean he is "evil" in our definition? Or do you consider yourself NOT "evil"..and able to judge him?

I wish people would research a little at least before they start throwing their guesses and theories around like they KNOW or something! Then they condemn the WT for doing the same thing to them!...try to stop being hypocritical ok. Present your guesses as questions....NOT answers. Answers are an end to a question..and stop people from searching for answers..when they accept your guess as an answer. NOT GOOD!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Fantastic post....

thanks Terry

purps

• TopHat
    TopHat

I am NOT here on this thread to convert anyone who wants to believe in the force of good or evil or otherwise. I am passing along my thoughts on the matter of a greater magician and how he can put into the human heart the delusion that he does not exist. Confusion is Satan's game.

Of course, as humans we have to take responsiblity for our acts of evil...after-all we do know the difference between good and evil. Satan deludes us into thinking we are doing good until we come to our senses and realize what we have done is really an evil act. Then: WHAT HAVE I DONE! Sort of like when we joined the WTS.

The GOOD, was leaving the WTS.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Are you stating as a fact we know what is good and evil is to God?

Or do you lean on other mens judgement to point it out for you? Think they know?

guesses....guesses...guesses.....come on now.

Keep it real...and stick with what you truly do know....don't pretend to know something you really don't...would you want someone to do that to you?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Excellent post Terry.

Now there may be a sneaky revenge of magic over the onlooker who was smart enough to see through the trick: the nostalgy of the naive audience's reward, which is lost forever to him.

Where does he go from there? I can see several options.

- sit still and pretend he didn't see;
    - walk out and live alone with his frustration in a hopelessly disenchanted world;
    - become a militant killjoy, disrupting and picketing magic shows to share his sad enlightenment;
    - become a magician himself...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Very enjoyable Terry.

Where does he go from there? I can see several options.

- sit still and pretend he didn't see;
    - walk out and live alone with his frustration in a hopelessly disenchanted world;
    - become a militant killjoy, disrupting and picketing magic shows to share his sad enlightenment;
    - become a magician himself...

Nark, this sums up many exJWs, but misses the best option

"walk out and live happily facing reality"

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

If someone in the crowd who had inside information from the magician and the tricks hopped up in the middle of the performance..and started telling others what he was really doing as he was doing it(or "truth").....would he be hated or appluaded? Would he be considered a "tratior" to the magician who trained and shared information with him?

Think REAL hard about that for a second......

Now tell me what I am trying to say...if you can grasp it.....

Figure that man in the crowd out.....what is his motivation for doing that? How can he possibly justify it?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

jwfacts,

I didn't specifically have JWs or xJWs in mind. The scope of Terry's post was much broader.

Perhaps I'm just too pessimistic to have considered the "best option"... or perhaps it really applies to those who were dragged into the show and never really enjoyed magic in the first place?

Btw, "become a magician" was not a bad option in my mind. Not at all.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Go from being fooled to becoming the "fooler"? sounds like you have some sort of admiration for them.

misled to a misleader?

There seems to be many people that can train you in that...."if the price is right"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit