JW Reform, It will NEVER happen...

by AuldSoul 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

this is a good thread and I'll need to go back and read each post carefully later, but I'll jump in with my 2 cents first.

the JW religion requires a high level of commitment from it's members (sacrificing time, personal choices, freedoms, money and opportunities in life)

This has only worked on such a large scale because of the promise/threat of armageddon, with a specific date in mind.

Now all they will do is say armageddon is coming SOON. I see a decrease in the amount of personal sacrifices being made by many people. People are getting a college education. Good for them. People are taking jobs that don't quite fit with the meeting program (ie elders and ministerial servants with professional careers requiring 50% travel, missing half their meetings). Good for them. People doing what they want to do socially, and nobody says anything about it. Good for them. People missing meetings way more than they used to and not losing their reputation, because they don't miss meetings as much as I do. Good for them.

Without a date, it doesn't work. SOON isn't going to work. This religion, to stay the way it is, requires people to sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice, and to take it really seriously. I don't see it as much anymore. They are losing that level of commitment they had. You would never guess it from their comments at the meetings, but people just aren't taking it as seriously as they did 10 or 20 years ago even.

It's a slow moving trend, but it's a trend the WTS is going to need to deal with if they want to stay as they are.

I don't know if they will or won't reform. I would guess not, but maybe the rank and file will someday actually force it.

• heathen
    heathen

After the Revolution, those having a Heavenly Hope will be much more numerous and many Jehovah's Witnesses will have the hope to live in the Earthly Paradise. But all will become partakers in the Eucharist.

Personally I think the bible promise for a paradise earth is for the second resurrection. The christian hope was either to rule as kings with christ for the millenial reign or to escape the GT by entering the kingdom of the heavens , so either way the hope is a heavenly one . They can't give up the FDS dogma because it's worked for them for so long and as far as I'm concerned they have not had a true member of holy Israel stand up since part of the requirement is to be martyred, they all die of natural causes . It's all about control , claiming to have supernatural powers when the evidence shows they are always wrong . I've never heard of any of the WTBTS being killed for bearing witness to jesus and I don't want to hear any of that symbolic death BS they spew . The first resurrection is for the 144k remnant and happens at the seventh trumpet blast before the "rapture" of the church .The paradise earth is not the promise for christians but for the ancient jews and for the second resurrection that miss out on the millenial reign because it doesn't happen until after it . Just think about all the looney stuff they come up with about how the anointed are raptured away just before death because the seventh trumpet blast already happened , I mean give me a friggen break already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit