How can twelve years olds get baptized? it is crazy!

by happehanna 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

SPIRITUAL, MENTAL and EMOTIONAL ABUSE

The order of the day for this demon cult from Hell.

• becca1
    becca1

A couple of years ago a 14 year old girl in our cong who had been baptized at 10 and was a regular pioneer, was publically reprooved and lost her priviledges. I patted her dad on the back and said: "it's OK, all kids go through rough patches, this too shall pass", in an effort to comfort him. He looked at me and said: "Can you believe the other kids involved got away with it because they are not baptized?". I was floored, he did not get the point that if his daughter had not been baptized it could have been handled w/o elder intervention and she would not have been humiliated and "marked" for life! DUH!!

• Quandary
    Quandary

I was baptized at 13! We were "privleged" to have Fred Franz at our DA that year he gave the closing prayer (talk) which lasted over 10 minutes on Sunday! What horrific memories-

Q

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Baptizing 12 year olds, I would say they are desparate for new recruits.

• happehanna
    happehanna

Thank you all for your comments I shall pass them onto my SIL.

This board is such a resource for us and a comfort too

• happehanna
    happehanna

I reckon must be all to do with their stats

the pressure to keep the numbers going up??

abuse of the vulnerable and innocent

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I was baptized at the age of 12. JW's are so smug about the idiocy of infant baptism, yet they practice the same thing. A 12 year old child doesn't know anything, certainly not enough to make an informed decision which will affect the rest of his life. Perhaps that is the point?

• mama1119
    mama1119

I feel like they start pressuring kids early on. I was baptized at 13, I felt like it was something I had to do for approval. And why wouldnt they, than you must obey and live the fearful guilt-filled life they want you to.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I was baptized at 11 under pressure from an elder in the congregation. I wish I had waited. By 17 I was questioning the whole thing. Buit by then it was too late as I felt that any deviation would mean shunning which I was definitely NOT prepared for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit