Jay Dubs right about 1914

by FrightMare 46 Replies latest jw friends

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

In 10 years, the Governing Body will change the 1914 crap to a new date. September 11, 2001. They will say Jesus was enthroned then and a sign from heaven, which changed the earth, happened near the illustrious headquarters of the Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn New York.

They will say "this world shaking event was viewed by many of the annointed at the world headquarters" (except that the only ones who saw it were a few kitchen workers having a cigarette on the roof).

• Satanus
    Satanus

frightmare

The increase of population and technology is in fullfilment of jesus' prophecy in mt 24:14b 'and you will see populations greatly increase'. And mt 24:14c 'verily i tell you, knowlegde of the sciences will fill the earth as the stars fill the sky'. Okay, it's all in the bible.

S

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

fright

there was no letter J or equivalent in the "bible" languages. nor, was there a j in english( a non biblical language) until approx. 400 years ago. If there was a j what would be the signicance? certainly nothing to do with the creator's name(YHWH) Yaweh or Yod He Va He.

• r51785
    r51785

I enjoyed all your quotes lifted from WT publications "proving that 1914 is the beginning of the last days." That one from the Seattle Times in 1959 was really good -- I mean everyone knows that the Seattle Times is the ultimate historical authority! How come that one sentence was broken up twice with the three little dots? What does that mean?

Also why didn't you include some quotes from one of my favorite books, "Famine -- 1975?" Also how about some stuff from Dr. Paul Ehrlich -- he's really gloomy! All that stuff about 1914 must be true or it wouldn't have been printed in the newspaper. I believe everything I read in the NY Times!

In regard to why the population has increased so much in the past century: population growth is described by an expotential function, not a linear function. I realize that them's some pretty big words for a window washer so I'll try to make it simple: the population is getting bigger cause it's supposed to!

• wokeup
    wokeup

As far as technological advances in the last century are concerned, I give Thomas Alva Edison much credit. Whithout his historic contributions at the turn of the last century we probably wouldn't be here chatting now. In regards to population growth, the U.S. nuked the wrong country in WW2. Despite all that, many besides J.W's feel we are in the Last Days,remember,the Apostles thought they were too, they just didn't set dates. If no one knows the Day or Hour of our Lords' return anyway, 1914 is irrevelent.

• tdogg
    tdogg

One question: exactly which 1914 prediction are JWs right about, the ones made then or the one they stick to currently?

For chappy: knowledge grows exponentially, one thing often cannot be learned or understood untill another thing is. Man could not smelt metal untill he learned to controll fire, man cant learn about atoms untill we have the electron microscope,etc. The key element in mankind accruing knowledge is the ability to pass that knowledge on to others and more importantly to other generations. One can only imagine the amount of knowlege that has been lost in civilizations due to the great effect of calamity such as war or famine or natural disasters. There are so many civs that are extinct with barely a record of their existance. Man slowly developed better ways to communicate and travel and think. There is a redundency of information so if one region falls to diaster, civ. does not go back to sqaure one each time. Add to that as mentioned previously the great inventions, as well as great discoveries like electricity and walla you have a simmering pot of technology stew waiting to boil over.

It also helps if you dont believe the world is flat or the sun revolves around the earth and/or tortue and kill those who might tell you anything contrary.

By the way fright your chart is lame. dont you have ms office or something. |
    /----\ /
    Hey look, a chart: __/ \_____/

• sennabrasil94
    sennabrasil94

I didn't see the chart drop down to 0 after the "FLOOD" how acrate is this how dow we know about the population demise of the incans, what was the population of primitive Indians throught the world The Usa was a teenage country then many babies were made after the war, like in nature after a disaster life combusts miraculously this is a fact of nature.Great nations are built by the bones of the dead with mud and straw, blood and sweat. nature regulates even man no mater how much we intervien we cant control ower own preservation it's time for many innocent people to die and thats just the way it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit