Jay Dubs right about 1914

by FrightMare 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hey "Plight-Where":

Your question is illogical. The chart does not support the question. For your sake, we will assume that earth's population has "tripled" since 1914. So what?

Hasn't communication and transportation also tripled since 1914? When humans were separated economically, geographically, with little means of communication, it was no wonder populations did not increase.

World travel, business, tourism, migrating populations, the refugee century and many other factors influenced the growth in populations. None of this is related to the magical 1914. Rather than interrogate this forum to solidify or validate pie-in-the-sky predictions, try investigating some sociological resources and research the matter from a scientific standpoint rather than a superstitous/religious frame of reference.

"...when you see a good fight, get in it..." Dr. Vernon John

• FrightMare
    FrightMare

Let's not be ridiculous now and indulge in semantic subterfuge. I asked why has the population and techonology dramatically increased in the 20th century?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Because the world is becoming a better place.

Expatbrit

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I don't give a rat's ass.

dungbeetle...cleaning up the crap.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

PlightWhere:

First of all, it is not our responsibility to prove/disprove any evidence supporting the increases in technology and population in the last century.

If you believe it is directly linked to WTBS theology and/or the Bible, then offer your evidence to support it, and THEN we will respond to your evidence in order to prove or disprove your assertions.

If you are opening the discussion, then discuss. QUID FACIT HOMINUS?
    NIL?

"...when you see a good fight, get in it..." Dr. Vernon John

• FrightMare
    FrightMare

Actually, the burden of proof is upon you. You are the apostates. You once believed that 1914 was the beginning of the end. Explain why you no longer believe so.

But more importantly, try answering a simple question: Why has technology and the population grown so dramatically around the beginning of the 20th century?

• Seeker
    Seeker
    The question is why such a population and techonological explosion has occurred during this the 20th century especially?

I think a more apropos question might be why you think this is still the 20th century.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

What I really want to know is: why has there been such an unprecedented increase in technology and population since 1891?

Expatbrit

• FrightMare
    FrightMare

Exactly my point expat.

Seeker, "This" referring to the century I'm talking about.

• logical
    logical
    why has there been such an unprecedented increase in ... population since 1891?

erm....... my guess is SEX???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit