Jay Dubs right about 1914

by FrightMare 46 Replies latest jw friends

• FrightMare
    FrightMare

Very good Logical, now we're getting somewhere.

Why more sex than ever before around the beginning of the 20th century?

• conflicted
    conflicted

My post isn't an answer, but a warning.

This IS the time of the end, the monkeys are gonna inherit the earth.

You've all seen 'Plant of the Apes', is that what you want?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

The answer to my question and yours, Frightmare, is:

the period from any arbitrarily selected date up to the present will show an unprecedented increase in population and technology. There is nothing special about the beginning of the twentieth century.

Now, what do you think the answer to your question is?

And btw, are you talking about the period since 1914, or the twentieth century. The two are different.

Expatbrit

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

You called us apostates! I'll have you know that many in the Catholic clergy view you as apostate. Nonetheless, the reason everyone but me had more sex in the 20th century is because it is better when you aren't sick or dying of hunger.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Frightmare,
    Sleep easy... the ``explosion'' of population you refer to for the 20th century (about 1.5 billion on earth in 1900 vs 6 billion today) following centuries of relative stagnation, is the most cogent demographic argument AGAINST the notion of an unprecedented rise in famines, wars and natural disasters.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Frightmare,
    Sleep easy... the ``explosion'' of population you refer to for the 20th century (about 1.5 billion on earth in 1900 vs 6 billion today) following centuries of relative stagnation, is the most cogent demographic argument AGAINST the notion of an unprecedented rise in famines, wars and natural disasters.

• FrightMare
    FrightMare

Technological developments in the 19th and 20th centuries brought better food production and distribution techniques, better medicine and better economic development, leading to a larger population.

But why? Let's get real for a moment, the answer is WAR!

War is the one great mechanism to fund technological breakthroughs. It's so much easier to fund R & D when the Crown or government foots the bill.

Ever wonder why the engineering discipline of building mundane roads, bridges and houses is called "Civil" ?

In Rome, there were only two kinds of engineering: Military: to build war machines and weapons, and civil: to build roads, houses and bridges.

Over time we've added to the list.

Through out history, developments in military tools have pushed civilian applications into society and improved things. But by and large, it was originally funded by war.

There are a few exceptions: since man first saw a bird, man was wanted to fly. After thousands of years of dreaming and trials, the Wright brothers put together a string and bailing wire contraption that was in the air for about a minute.

By 1914, the designs weren't significantly different from what flew at Kittyhawk. (Ironically, the Wrights thought the plane would make war obsolete!)

WWI brought the monoplane (change in design) and the bomber. WWII brought the Jet (change in design). In between the wars, only incremental improvements but no revolutionary change in design.

War, technology and population explosion by the beginning of the 20th century. You may not be frightful yet, but you will be, when I return, to make my point. . .

• outcast
    outcast

There has been an increase of population and technology since 1891 because it was the first gathering of bible students in Allgheny, Pennsylvania. They all married each other, around 1914 their offspring were in their 20's and were so bored they came up with alot of technical stuff and started World War1. Even with the invention of the birth control pill in the '60's, all the Governing bodies horses and all the GB's men, couldn't keep Humpty Dumptys pants on again.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Outcast:

That is dangerous Illuminati knowledge you've just made public. While you are completely and utterly correct, and should probably start your own religion, you wont get a chance, because where your house stands today, a crop circle will appear tomorrow.

Expatbrit, Mason (seventh Dan)

• FrightMare
    FrightMare

Ok, I used my wife's WT-Cd-rom to look up some of this stuff, but it's really a novel argument that the society has never used before. This scripture in itself can cause nightmares to atheists, and tremors to those who were lulled sound asleep by apostates thinking that the end was no where near.

Here's my musing:

Amazingly, almost 2,000 years ago, the apostle John foretold through inspiration that God would "Bring to ruin those ruining the earth."--Revelation 11:18. At first glance, this scripture might not seem so prophetic. But think about what John was saying. He was indicating that there would be a time when man would cause damage to the earth. How was John to know this if he had not known of any causing ruin to the earth in his lifetime? Mankind in the first century had very little technology to ruin earth with, he lacked all of the modern technology we know of today. How could John look into the future, almost 2,000 years in advance and know that man would one day have the power to cause devastation to our planet? There's no doubt that the earth is being ruined. More than 1,600 scientists, including 104 Nobel laureates, from around the world endorsed a warning, issued by the Union of Concerned Scientists: "Human beings and the natural world are on a collision course. . . .No more than a few decades remain before the chance to avert the threats will be lost. . .it may so alter the world that it will be unable to sustain life in the manner that we know ...Our tampering with the interdependent web of life could trigger widespread effects, including collapses of biological systems whose dynamics we imperfectly understand." Quoted in the book State of the World 1988, environmental consultant Norman Myers gives this frightening message: "No generation in the past has faced the prospect of mass extinction within its lifetime. No generation in the future will ever face a similar challenge: if this present generation fails to get to grips with the task, the damage will have been done and there will be no 'second try.'" Ozone depletion, water pollution, deforestation, loss of soil productivity, and the extinction of many animal and plant species are just an example of just some of the things that have occurred in the 20th century to our planet. Yet the apostle John had no knowledge of

most of these problems during his lifetime. How could he look into the future and know what would occur? More specifically, how was he able to pinpoint the 20th century and beyond as the time when it would occur? (Or at least the witnesses were able to)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit