"Thats what you get for leaving Jehovah"

by megsmomma 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Perhaps she mistook your bite on the forehead with the mark of the beast? You didn't get bitten on the hand too did you? That would have been an honest mistake at least.

NOT!

Zealot nutjobs...

W.Once

• parakeet
    parakeet

"I asked my mom to borrow 75.00 for a doctor and she refused.....saying the above."

• Mystla
    Mystla

I was bit by a brown recluse while I was a faithful JW.. so ppttt on your mom's theory!!

My bite was on my wrist.. swole up huge. We didn't have any money at the time (didn't make much doing janitorial) and no health insurance.. but there was a clinic that based payment on income. They cut it open (without pain killers) and sent me home with instructions to keep moist heat on it.. I still have the scar on my wrist where they cut it.. X marks the spot.

Sorry your mom was such a poop, not really what you needed!

Misty

• Woofer
    Woofer

Blondie - I've read that tragic article before . .thanks for sharing it.

So if what your mom says is true . . what is the excuse for what happened to that family that was murdered?? They were returning from an assembly!

• return visitor
    return visitor

I hate that all the bad that happens if you leave the Borg is blamed on you leaving. I do believe you reap what you sow....and if I had joined a brown recluse spider cult that believed you should put spiders on your head....maybe I would have thought I deserved it!

I do believe that you reap what you sow... however, I also believe that time and unforseen occurance befall us all, The spider-onforseen occurance, your daughter-reaping what you sowed.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Return_visitor,

I know what you mean (I think) about the situation with my daughter = reaping what I have sown....But really....That's what I get for leaving Jehovah.

I should have done things a-lot differently, but I didn't know how. When you know better, you do better....and I live with what I have done and make the best out of it now in regards to my daughter.

• Mary
    Mary
    I asked my mom to borrow 75.00 for a doctor and she refused.....saying the above.

I am stunned beyond words here. So your mother would rather have risked your life rather than see you get medical treatment because you "left Jehovah"??! That is just plain sick. As Dubs live their life by "the bible", I think I would have read this one to her:

(Luke 10:30-37) . . .Jesus said: "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jer´i·cho and fell among robbers, who both stripped him and inflicted blows, and went off, leaving him half-dead. 31 Now, by coincidence, a certain priest was going down over that road, but, when he saw him, he went by on the opposite side.32 Likewise, a Levite also, when he got down to the place and saw him, went by on the opposite side.33 But a certain Sa·mar´i·tan traveling the road came upon him and, at seeing him, he was moved with pity. 34 So he approached him and bound up his wounds, pouring oil and wine upon them. Then he mounted him upon his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took out two de·nar´i·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said, ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I come back here.’ 36 Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man that fell among the robbers?" 37 He said: "The one that acted mercifully toward him." Jesus then said to him: "Go your way and be doing the same yourself."

You should have asked your mother which character she was most like.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What is it that so powerfully possesses the JW mind? It is Ecc 12 "time and unforseen circumstances" if it happens to a JW, but punishment if it happens to anyone else.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

hmmmm, Megsmomma......I wonder what she'd call all the legal hooplah over the WTS protecting pedophiles for so many decades and now being forced legally to turn over files on those same pedophiles? "That's what you get for staying with the WTS/Jehovah?"

• return visitor
    return visitor

jwfacts

What is it that so powerfully possesses the JW mind? It is Ecc 12 "time and unforseen circumstances" if it happens to a JW, but punishment if it happens to anyone else.

I don't see it as punishment for anybody, the fact that most JW's do reinforces, to me, that they don't recognize the truth from the bible.

RV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit