"Thats what you get for leaving Jehovah"

by megsmomma 30 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

That is what my mom told me when I got bit by a brown recluse spider.

I was in Ohio, visiting my daughter and my mom was there trying to convert me back. She even said if I go back, we would get custody of my daughter....

Well....I drove myself there from KS and somehow had gotten bitten right before I left. It was right between my eyes, and my head started swelling up on the way there. I looked like a cling-on! I didn't know what the heck was wrong....but my daughter (1 1/2) kicked me in the head one night and it kind-of started oozing and bleeding and since I hadn't brought my check book (and just enough money for gas) I asked my mom to borrow 75.00 for a doctor and she refused.....saying the above. And I NEVER borrow money...not even when I was needing it to live.

I hate that all the bad that happens if you leave the Borg is blamed on you leaving. I do believe you reap what you sow....and if I had joined a brown recluse spider cult that believed you should put spiders on your head....maybe I would have thought I deserved it!

Now when bad things happen...and I am not just reaping what I have sown....I just think it is a part of life in this world.....I don't think it is a cause and effect thing in most circumstances.

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

love, the identifying mark of true christians, huh...

that was nasty!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

If Love is the mark of a JW...the spider bite scars between your eyes is the mark of an ex-dub! LOL!

• choosing life
    choosing life

That was nasty of her. I hope you got to a doctor. Depending on how much venom you received, it can bacically destroy you flesh in the area of the bite. You need to start antiobiotics right away. Please be very careful with this. I can't even fathom a mother refusing her daughter medical care.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

MEGSMOMMA! I'm so, so sorry these things all happened to you...

Brown recluse bites are nasty, PLEASE, please do take care... especially on the head! And that crap your mother spewed was just inexcusable.

Feel better... I hope you have had it looked at? Those bites get worse before they get better...

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

And we just learned about job at the meetings and how the false comforters said that he must've done something to deserve his torture. Your mom must've heard that info and still did this to you. Ugh.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Sorry for scaring anyone...I should have included a follow up......That was 6 years ago.....and I do have a deep scar, and I did talk to a doctor once I was back home. He said I was VERY lucky my daughter burst it. I am shocked it didn't cause more damage, but for about 6 months, it looked like I had been shot between my eyes, and I cried a-lot because I felt very ugly. Now, I don't notice it much, but I still will have people ask about it sometimes.

Thanks for all your caring!

• hambeak
    hambeak

Maybe in time your mom will soften, sorry to hear about what she said but I think a lot of parents say very mean things because they are convinced if you follow the party line you are doomed. Best wishes and I hope you get your child back soon

Ham

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

What an awful thing to say, but it's typical of how they think. I am so sorry this happened to you, I hope you are ok now.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

That wasnt a very nice thing for your mother to say. Desperate people do desperate things. She is desperate for you to rejoin the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit