I Just Got Door Knocked - how did I handle it?

by Crumpet 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• mama1119
    mama1119

Maybe they are embarrassed to be preaching the end of the world thing again and thats why they are not fessing up.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i think i would be inclined to tell them my story if they didnt know me...

but then i havent got anything better to do with my time..

was the house plumbing or yours that was needing attention

• greendawn
    greendawn

Given the way they messed up your family life I am surprised that you talked to them at all, they weren't aware that you experienced the dark side of the WTS with shunning from family members.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Yes Deviant Dansk and Deviant Tij the pink PJs was in expectation of the plumber - if I wasnt expecting the plumber then I wouldnt have been dressed at all - but then I bet I would have gotten a return visit pretty soon!

Jim TX - if only I had thought of asking if they were Mormons - and then whipped out my camera!

So Fleaman why did you accept your leaflet at all - you sullied your bin with it?!!

• freetosee
    freetosee

c) He said we wondered if you;d be interested in this worldwide work and proferred a shaky A4 size leaflet with what looked like a storm brewing on the front (is that the new tract anybody as I didnt want to look for too long case I went blind). When I said is this anything to do with Jehovah's Witnesses the elder shied away and said "well only indirectly" HELLO what kind of bloody answer is that? They dont even want to admit that they are JWs now!

The title of the tract is „end of false religion is near". You asked if this has anything to do with JW’s -that is the end of false religion in the elders mind. Surly the jws have had all kinds of people making fun of them, telling them something like "Do you mean your end in near?". I think that is why he replied in that way ("well only indirectly") and the other one was hiding.

As a jw I remember that one "door" could be insulting and threatening and the very next door the complete opposite, interested and hospitable. You never know what the two jws got to hear already. I doubt jws would deny being jws when going from house to house, In a topless bar they would.

fts

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The "only indirectly" comment intrigues me. How can they be indirectly connected with the jws?

Perhaps they're embarassed to be jws, or maybe it's a new - style approach.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    The "only indirectly" comment intrigues me. How can they be indirectly connected with the jws?

Perhaps the JWs are out-sourcing their door-to-door activities now - hiring retired people (or others) to go door-knocking.

Regards,

Jim TX

• freetosee
    freetosee

JW’s are made to believe that they have an active part in god’s plan and the fulfilment of bible prophecy. The exposing of Babylon by the witness work will eventually bring its end. The good news will be preached and then the end will come. Now will JW’s bring the end for false religion and this system of things? No, not directly!

After presenting the tract "End for false religion is near" the witness was ask if this has anything to do with jws. The question was not, "Are you Jehovah’s Witnesses?"

Will JW’s bring the end for false religion? In the mind of believing jws , they play an very important part in this, being used by Jah. But they themselves are not the ones who finally destroy Babylon. "Well you see only indirectly does this have anything to do with jws, that is the end of false religion."

The answer "well only indirectly" was not an answer to who they represent, but to the "near end of false religion". IMO

I’m sure lots of witnesses are embarrassed about this campaign, but they will not deny being JW’s when out in FS.

fts

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk
    So Fleaman why did you accept your leaflet at all - you sullied your bin with it?!!

it was shoved through my letter box..they all know im out the "truth"though,yet still assume i want to read that crap..lol...i suppose they think they are doing me a favour.

• DoubleYouBee
    DoubleYouBee

Hi Crumpet!

I should have something clever to say if they ever come back - but it's not bloody likely on either count!

Evidently they've been given divine instructions from the top to deliver this one a different way - sly serpent/innocent dove thing maybe? Who knows - but sounds like they were told this is a "new" and "special" approach with "exciting results". In your instance, Crumpet, it occurred to me that they might've been just sticking them in the doors and weren't planning to knock at all, and you surprised and flustered them in your pretty pink jammies! This is from another forum -

"Hit and Run !!!!
    Thats how it was articulated in our neck of the woods on how we should go about it. Dont carry your regular "witness" bag. Try to look as inconspicuous as possible. "I am engaging in a public service .....this is your free copy ....please read it" Hit the road.
    Oh and we have to record all the not at homes and return with the tracts at a later date."

"Freaky is the feedback: " Everyone accepted the tract - marvelous" " Wonderful response - no one refused"

And this is the reported response because they don't know(how could they not???) that it's being tossed as soon as it's discovered it's WT propaganda - maybe people are hoping it's some coupons or something free and gladly take it... lol. People are thankfully wising up to all the bad publicity of late and happily realising that registration with the wtbts corp. is anything but free... I wish I'd-a known.

lolol - I will remember that "Are you Mormons?" line - -rofl!

WB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit