Old Rutherford vinyl records...

by Sam87 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

My family has a few of them.

Check out the recordings HERE. Looks like the youtuber's Romanian - I wonder if he's part of that split-off group loyal to Rutherford.

• Listener
    Listener

My father had some and I tried to listen to them when I was younger. I think you need a 33RPM player and record players even in the 60s had this speed.

The records had been so well used that it was very difficult to understand what was being said but Rutherford's voice just gave me the creeps.

It would be great if you could record and share them

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

These records are 78s.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I've got these, they sound okay. I'll upload them later today . . .

Nic'

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Well I've got them all zipped up into a single .zip file. It's 419 Mb though - too large for Sendspace. Any suggestions? For the record, especially after Atlantis' timely comments recently, it looks like we're okay to share these file under UK law.

Copyright on sound recordings expires 50 years after release; if not released, 50 years after making (sound recordings).

EU Directive 2011/77/EU, extending this period to 70 years from 1 November 2013, has been adopted but not yet ratified by Parliament.

Phonograms already out of copyright in 2013 will not be retroactively protected.

Emphasis mine.

Nic'

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I've got 3 or 4 LP's. up in the loft, surely they would have been 78 RPM ?

And I have a record player that was taken round from door to door, it was made by someone else, but has the Watchtower plate riveted in it. It doesn't work any more, it was a wind up one, appropriate really, the WT is a total wind-up.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just bumping for the afternoon crowd. Still hoping for a tip on where I can upload this 419Mb .zip file for free . . .

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Why not two or three smaller ZIPs on sendspace???

• transhuman68

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit