Old Rutherford vinyl records...

by Sam87 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Nice one Sam87 - you ought to keep them. I bet they'll go up in value over the years as this generation continues to pass away.

At least the Dubs were a bit more innovative and gutsy in those days; in stark contrast to the modern day publishers giving out their unimaginative cheesy tracts.

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Sorry not interested.... You got any Floyd on vinyl?

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was the time when th edubs would go around with Rutherfords speeches recorded on vinyl and play them so that people would hear them. It was not until Knorr's time that they got the theocratic ministry school so as to learn how to make presentations individually.

• Sam87
    Sam87

thanks for the help guys, i think i mite keep them for a while, i mite even record whats on them and then burn it onto a cd or post it on the web, i bet theres alot of people here that would like to hear them.

Sam87.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've heard of them, but I've never seen them. I do, however have an old Kingdom Melodies LP in my stash somewhere. It had a picture of that ugly pink hymn song book on it.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

My grandparents had a stack of the old Rutherford records and a player. I used to listen to them when I was a kid. And those poor old needles really did wear out fast! It would be interesting to hear what was on them now as an adult. Hope you can do that.

• homejah
    homejah

Are the records with the yellow labels used for the home field service while the ones while the blue labels used on the sound trucks?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

T he wittnesses in those days were called Colporteurs.

They went from house to house carrying wind up phonograph players

and played the records to the householders.

The Seventh-day Adventist Church calls their book distributors

"Literature Evangelists", but until about 1980, the term "colporteur"

was used to describe SDA literature evangelists.

Also, Jehovah's Witnesses who were active in the full-time ministry

were called colporteurs until 1931.

They carried phonograph or gramaphone record players.

Today, those participating in the full-time ministry are called "pioneers".

These records are historical pieces and should be donated or sold to

a theological library, like Regents in BC.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You can hear an old recording on e-watchman's website here, just scroll down a bit to find it.

http://e-watchman.com/side-notes/

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Gee what a find. It would be interesting to know what they would be worth. To the right person they could be worth a lot. I would keep them for historical purposes. You would be right there wouldn't be to many around, as I have never seen one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit