"My Grief over Wasting 10 Years of My Life"

by scout575 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The 'exit', the 'healing', the 'deprogramming', are all processes that take time. Not a moment in time.

Those like triton, who make insensitive and inane statements like 'just get over it', have clearly never been witnesses, or are too young to realize the impact that 2, 3, 4 decades of mind-numbing control has on the thought processes. Healing will and does come to most. It is indeed like the grieving process associated with the loss of one you love. JWD [or similar venues] seem to escalate the process [which in most cases is a good thing I would assume], due to a greater level of commonality than most can encounter outside a support group. The common platform of understanding is worth untold millions to some.

I was 'in', depending on how you count it, either 43 years or perhaps less. Such influence is hard to shake. Once one shakes the doctrine and lies and manipulation, many stick around to help others going thru the process anew. Rest assured, we will help where we can.

Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

As always with this ex christian forum it depends who they describe as Christian eg the JWs are not really a Christian group even if they claim to be such. Better talk about mainstream religions as Christian.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

If you are a person that has a shred of human emotion...decency...conscience...whatever...any-of-the-previous....

...it is impossible to just "shake it off and get on with life", as some imply. It is doubly hard when you have children that you have raised in this hideous excuse for a religion....

...and robbed them (six in my case) of all the normal childhood highlights and fun moments that all other kids have enjoyed....and there is no way to replace these moments. They are gone forever.....thanks to MY 30-year involvement with this evil cult.

As a JW parent, my kids were picked OUT and picked ON because they were seen as "different"-----something that NO child wants to BE while in school!

My nonJW hubby put up with everything I heaped on him.....and all the changes I made in OUR lives----unwelcome changes that he never signed up for. THOSE are now part of my history too.

Think of all the true friends we dumped when we were told they were not WTS approved associates now theat WE we JWs.....and we know we must have hurt them terribly, and for such stupid reasons.

SURE----it's VERY SIMPLE and SO EASY to put it all behind us in a flash!!!!....................IF you're made of stone......

Triton-----ARE you made of stone?

Annie

• mouthy
    mouthy

My grief over wasting 10 years of my life,

• mouthy
    mouthy

My grief over wasting 10 years of my life,

Personally I NOW dont feel they were wasted ....I was a 25 yr JW.Lost my daughter ,my grand-kids,my Great grand-kids. But the love I have now is nothing like the LOVE? I thought had then. Yes it is so sad that we were there for so long.But look how we can use that lesson on other cult members. Look for places you can do public speaking, I go out of my way to tell folks what a wicked cult it is.... Yes I have had my 15 min of fame. On Sally Jessie Rapheal, Roughcuts, the SHIRLEY SHOW ( Canadian)Rogers T.V. That is why I give myself the MOUTHY Monicker.... So You have been privalidged (sp)to see the dark side of religion. Just get on with the RELATIONSHIP with Jesus the one we misrepresented...... Now we can accept HIS friendship & warn others of the Wolf in sheeps clothing (((((((HUGS))))
    Mouthy

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I am happy for Triton or anyone who can approach life so simplistically. I'm sure, too, that when someone holds a gun to your head and steals your wallet, Triton, you feel no righteous indignation, but simply refuse to "cry over spilt milk." Life must be like a warm bubble bath for you.

• fokyc
    fokyc

You could have been like me and wasted over 50 years!

We married in 1951 and my wife 'got the truth' in 1953, she is still absolutely hooked, I have to jog along with it because I married her and still love her.

I hate the organisation and it's cultish methods.

fokyc

• gumby
    gumby
    Look for places you can do public speaking, I go out of my way to tell folks what a wicked cult it is

Now now Mouthy....Paul didn't spend his time denouncing cults.....but rather he used his time to spread the message of Christ. You need to load up your suitcase full of Watchtowers and help spread the good new of gods kingdom and leave the poor witnesses alone.

* sends mouthy a new bookbag with the NWT inside*

Gumby

• mouthy
    mouthy

....Paul didn't spend his time denouncing cults.....

No Gumby !!Paul didnt!! but I "aint: Paul... HE was hand picked by the Lord.!!! I wasnt.!!! I edged my way in to HIS Grace. So I will continue to expose a WOLF!!!!! The HOLY SPIRIT Looks after the Rabbi's ( Jesus) message He will teach them ALL things.....

• mouthy
    mouthy

Bump for Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit