"My Grief over Wasting 10 Years of My Life"

by scout575 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

You could have been like me and wasted over 50 years!

We married in 1951 and my wife 'got the truth' in 1953, she is still absolutely hooked, I have to jog along with it because I married her and still love her.

I hate the organisation and it's cultish methods.

fokyc

Hey Fokyc - We are truly contemporaries. I started studying in 1953, attended some meetings in 1954, more regularly in 1955, finallly baptized in 1956 as a young teenager. My husband started fading in the early 1980's and put up with me for years. I didn't figure it out till abou 1998 when I saw how the congregation was ignoring my elderly parents. But I didn't stop going to meetings until about two months ago because I was trying to keep up appearances for the sake of my father. It didn't work. He is disinheriting me. It's a long story. Guess my husband still loved me although he went through a very difficult time, and he almost gave up on me. I'm glad you still love your wife and hope she will finally figure it out. Maybe something will yet happen to wake her up.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Guess my husband still loved me although he went through a very difficult time,

Sounds like Your a keeper & Him also ((((HUGS))

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• proplog2
    proplog2

Religion is not supposed to eliminate pain but enable you to endure pain for a purpose.

The pain of deception by a religion requires a change in purpose.

You can never escape pain but you have to make sure that your purpose in life makes the pain worth while.

Help others so they aren't suffering pain in vain.

Like the old spiritual says "no cross - no crown"

• Mary
    Mary
    Triton_Logic said: No need to cry over spilt milk. Move on and promise never to let a day go by where you don't live your life to the fullest. Be happy for what you do have, and quit reveling in your agony like many on this forum seem to do, for years and even decades.

Spoken like a true knob. TL, if you knew anything about cults and high control groups, you'd know that for the majority of Witnesses that leave, it's not a matter of "crying over spilt milk". This religion robbed many of us of normal childhoods, our dreams, any goals we wanted to pursue and made us feel unworthy as hell. They squash our god-given right to think for ourselves, to question and to be successful as individuals or even as part of the human family. They've broken up families, driven people to suicide and let our family and friends die rather than take a blood transfusion. They forced us to go knocking on strangers' doors Saturday mornings instead of doing normal kid stuff and forced us to be excluded from anything fun at school. All of this has a lasting effect on us and speaking from experience, can be emotionally devastating. Your message of 'get over it' is about as comforting and supportive as facing a Judicial Committee in the back room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit