So how do you keep your clothes hangers tidy?

by ozziepost 41 Replies latest social physical

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

OK, fluffy time!

Mrs Ozzie and I are just back home and so there's plenty of laundry to do - that's my job, and I quite enjoy it, but there's one thing that spoils it for me and that's the clothes hangars!

You know how it goes, some hangars for pants, some for skirts, some for shirts, and then some are plastic, some are steel and some are those confounded wire hangars you get from the Dry Cleaners.

They're always getting tangled up; it doesn't matter how well I stack them (I've got a basket for them), when I get out in the yard to hang out the clothes, there's always one, it only takes one! that gets caught in the others.

The more I try to get it free, the more hangars seem to join in!

So, people, in the interest of good international relations and all that, how do you keep your clothes hangars?

(And do dubs do it differently? )

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

i just took all my wire hangers out of the closet.........and they are by the front door........i dont know whether to throw them away or try to give them to someone.

i hate wire hangers.........

but i have to clean them out as they collect from the cleaners.

i have enough plastic ones .........but i get lazy.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yeah, I try to keep the pesky wire ones separate - I'd throw them all out but I need some for my shirts. I drip dry everything - saves on ironing!! (Just like a man, eh?)

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Drives me to cussing everytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always one

Snoozy...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    there's always one, it only takes one! that gets caught in the others.

The more I try to get it free, the more hangars seem to join in!

hate it when that happens I usually give it a hard tug then they are no longer hangers but a wiry mess. I oped for the plastic ones they don't tangle up as much, but they do break easier!

Gotta love a man that will do laundry!

• caligirl
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

cali:

That's neat! Where'd ya get it?

• caligirl
    caligirl

Organize.com, and use plastic hangers.

• SPAZnik
  • SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

1. Stopped going to KH. 2a. Donated all 19th and 20th Century elder-approved Sunday outfits to community theatre (or something like that). 2b. Donated empty hangers to local sculptor (or take to drycleaner). 3. Donned real life 21st Century clothes that can be hung on a hook, dumped in a drawer, dropped in a pile on the floor, grabbed from a shelf, stuffed in a backpack, slept in pressure washed without shrinking or damage worn wrinkle-and-stink-free to work the next day and still get you flirted with. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit