So how do you keep your clothes hangers tidy?

by ozziepost 41 Replies latest social physical

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I bet you hadn't even noticed that your favourite jumper looks more like a dress these days. Everyones been too polite to say anything though.

a jumper? downunder??

Listen, I know all about them Essex girls.

• carla
    carla

Geez Ozzie, I bet your wife has already suggested many ideas for you! do you listen? Or maybe because your the one doing it she stays out of it completely? I think we need to import some Aussie men here to the US!

• Moomin
    Moomin

Listen, I know all about them Essex girls.

It's all true ;p

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

carla:

Mrs Ozzie hasn't done the laundry since we exited the borg. We sure changed our life around, eh?

But we have our jobs to do and Mrs Ozzie is very busy with her business so I'm happy.

But I still get ******** about those clothes hangers!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Okay, I can't believe I'm answering this domestic advice post, nor do I believe I am answering with such a grandma answer, but here goes:

Snip discarded pantyhose into thin strips across, which makes stretchy rings, like big soft rubber bands.

Grab several hangers into a neat stack and have put the stretchy ring you've made over the hooks. Pull the stretchy ring under and thru the hangars open space, and then pop the ring up over the hook parts AGAIN but now from the other side. Dang, it's so hard to describe such a simple, easy thing. This makes a very happy little package of hangars that can be thrown to the floor of the closet without tangling.

Hope this was understandable, if I had an illustration, you'd just say, "OH!"

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

oz,

It's a problem that Adam & Eve suffered from they found the perfect answer, just a little bit draughty now days!!

KT

• buriram
    buriram

Ikea is usually good for that kind of thing I hear.

• juni
    juni

I like to use the plastic ones; they don't tangle so easily.

Ever try that new invention - the clothe's dryer w/different settings for delicates too?

Take stuff out quickly and hang up right away.

Juni

• restrangled
    restrangled

This thread had me LOL. Can you believe any of us spend this much time thinking about hangers?

I get rid of the wire ones, and break just as many plastic. Finally bought the new "space age" bags that you stuff and use your vaccum cleaner to pull the air out. They work great but weigh a ton and now that the seasons have changed I have all those bags to go through......and I assume iron and hang everything in them without enough hangers.

There has got to be a better way!

r.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Oz,

Twink has got what they call a vacum bag, She puts all the clean clothes inside then sucks out all the air with a vacum cleaner this keeps the clothes clean & tidy and minimises space

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit