This week's KM guilt-fest

by StillGroggy 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

1Tim5:8 NIV

If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever

I suppose it's a good response if an elder counsels you about missing meetings because of having to work to live.

• blondie
    blondie

I knew many elders who had jobs that took them on the road, salesman and construction and carpet laying, etc. No one ever said anything to them but even adjusted the assignments on the school, service meeting, and WT study to accommodate their work schedule. I never could understand why they could do that and when Brother New had to quit his job if it interfered with meetings.

Blondie

• Honesty
    Honesty

Coincides rather nicely with the Kingdom News # 37 distribution campaign.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

You are condemned if you seek higher education so you can find a job that pays well enough so you don't have to work 80 hours per week...

And you are condemned if you must work 80 hours per week because you don't have the education to get a job that pays a wage high enough to get by on fewer hours...

But...."We really need your contributions for the worldwide work, please send us your cash. So...you guys need to work those eight dollar an hour jobs, and when you get your paychecks, and after the taxes are deducted, send us what you have left."

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

1Tim5:8 NIV

If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever

Aaaaah! So *that's* why when he is faced by his family or other people about shunning me...my father always makes a huge point of saying he will always be there to help me financialy if ever I need it! And I thought it was just guilty conscience...

No, he's scared of being "worse than an unbeleiver.". Hehehe, what he doesn't know, is that he would probably be the last person I would crawl to for money if I needed it. Honestly, I do have some self-respect.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I suppose it's a good response if an elder counsels you about missing meetings because of having to work to live.

The problem is, that they make a SPIRITUAL application of that scripture.

Warlock

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I remember being forced to have Watchtower studies when I went on vacation with my JW friends family--UGH

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Dont Bethelites "work overtime" every other Saturday?

such hypocrites

LRG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit