This week's KM guilt-fest

by StillGroggy 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

For anybody who attended the Service meeting this week (or will this week)

Notice the guilt-fest article that mentions not working overtime at work or taking weekend trips and missing the meetings

UGH, Any former witnesses remember looking down on people who went to the beach or took trips frequently on the weekends. Just curious...

• bavman
    bavman

What always bugged the bejebus out of me was the fact I NEEDED to work overtime in order to provide for my family. WTF was I suppose to do?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

No, but I used to pretend I had lots of homework on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Unfortunately, that excuse didn't work on Sundays.

Yeah, Sundays were always a treat....

"Now, brother Farkfark from the Loser Congregation will give his talk entitled "Jehovah's Day vs Groundhog's Day - Which is Significant In This Time Of The End?"

...brother Farkfark enters the stage.....

Farkfark: Jehov.....
    Me: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Zico
    Zico

Oh yes! I especially liked the example of the young brother (un-named I believe) who forsook further education and a secular career to go and serve where the need is greater.

I think he said something like 'I wish every young person would do something like this so they could feel as happy as I do'

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Zico, I had to avoid "Facecrime" with that one. Really annoying...

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    What always bugged the bejebus out of me was the fact I NEEDED to work overtime in order to provide for my family. WTF was I suppose to do?

quote 1 Timothy 5:8... and grin when you walk away...

, Mike

• sir82
    sir82

Hmm, so if I understand correctly...

You are condemned if you seek higher education so you can find a job that pays well enough so you don't have to work 80 hours per week...

And you are condemned if you must work 80 hours per week because you don't have the education to get a job that pays a wage high enough to get by on fewer hours...

Lesson learned from this week's KM: you're screwed no matter what you do!

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

well put sir82. dead on

• mavie
    mavie

scan? the usual sites seem to be down.

• bavman
    bavman
    quote 1 Timothy 5:8... and grin when you walk away...

I'm sorry, I have forgotten what that scripture say's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit