History of KINGDOM NEWS

by Nathan Natas 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As with almost anything historical relating to the Watchtower, this information is incomplete in official WTS publications. With the exception of KNs 1 through 3, which the WTB&TS seems to be very proud of, issues up to 1946's number 15 are hardly mentioned at all - some not at all - and most of the early KNs are not reproduced in any current WTB&TS publication. What glorius Bible-based Light© are they hiding?

Mar 1918, Kingdom News No. 1, "Religious Intolerance—Pastor Russell’s Followers Persecuted Because They Tell the People the Truth—Treatment of Bible Students Smacks of the 'Dark Ages'"

Apr 1918, Kingdom News No. 2, "The Finished Mystery and Why Suppressed—Clergymen Take a Hand"

May 1918, Kingdom News No. 3, "Two Great Battles Raging—Fall of Autocracy Certain—Satanic Strategy Doomed to Failure—The Birth of Antichrist"

1939, Kingdom News No. 4, "Attempt to Wreck Garden Assembly - The Facts"

1939, Kingdom News No. 5, "Can Religion Save the World From Disaster?"

1940, Kingdom News No. 6, "Time of Darkness - Isaiah 60:2"

1940, Kingdom News No. 7, "Religionists Devise Mischief to Destroy Christians"

1941, Kingdom News No. 8, "Jehovah’s Mandate to His Servants; Witness Against Papal Rome, Nazism, Fascism—Enemies of Christianity"

1941, Kingdom News No. 9, "Victories in Your Defense"

1942, Kingdom News No. 10, "Life In the New Earth Under New Heavens"

1942, Kingdom News No. 11, "The People Have a Right to Good News Now"

1943, Kingdom News No. 12, "The Last War Wins the Peace Eternal"

1944, Kingdom News No. 13, "Education For Life In the New World"

1944, Kingdom News No. 14, "Overcoming Fear of What Is Coming"

1946, Kingdom News No. 15, "World Conspiracy Against the Truth"

Sep 1973, Kingdom News No. 16, "Is Time Running Out for Mankind?"

Dec 1973, Kingdom News No. 17, "Has Religion Betrayed God and Man?"

May 1974, Kingdom News No. 18, "Government by God—Are You for It or Against It?"

Nov 1974, Kingdom News No. 19, "Is This All There is to Life?"

May 1975, Kingdom News No. 20, "Would You Welcome Some Good News?"

Nov 1975, Kingdom News No. 21, "Your Future—Shaky? or Secure?"

May 1976, Kingdom News No. 22, "How Crime and Violence Will Be Stopped"

Nov 1976, Kingdom News No. 23, “Why So Much Suffering—If God Cares?

Kingdom News No. 24, "The Family—Can It Survive?"

Kingdom News No. 25, "Why Are We Here?"

Kingdom News No. 26, "Relief From Pressure—Is It Possible?"

Kingdom News No. 27, "What Has Happened to Love?"

Kingdom News No. 28, "Hope for Ending Inflation, Sickness, Crime, War?"

Kingdom News No. 29, "Is a Happy Life Really Possible?"

Aug 1981, Kingdom News No. 30, "Is Planet Earth Near the Brink?"

Apr 1983, Kingdom News No. 31, "Are We Nearing Armageddon?"

Dec 1985, Kingdom News No. 33, "Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?"

Jan 1988, Kingdom News No. 30, (again)

Mar 1988, Kingdom News No. 32, "A United, Happy Family. What Is the Key?"

Apr 1988, Kingdom News No. 33, (again)

Apr/May 1995, Kingdom News No. 34, "WHY Is Life So Full of Problems?—Is a Trouble-Free Paradise Possible?"

Oct/Nov 1997, Kingdom News No. 35, "Will All People Ever Love One Another?"

Oct/Nov 2000, Kingdom News No. 36, "The New Millennium—What Does the Future Hold for You?"

Oct/Nov 2006, Kingdom news No. 37, "The End of False Religion is Near!"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I remember 31 - 36, I took part in all those campaigns.

There seems a lot of kn's for 1976, was that to keep the dubs busy in the aftermath of them all still being in this "system" when the world didn't end in 1975?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Excellent. When they come to our doors, we should have this list ready for them. Just something like this would have made me think. I was always a doubter though, especially when my hubby got appointed MS!

But fora witness to see something like this laid out, even if they don't leave, they can at least have balance in their lives and go to college, etc.

• earthtone
    earthtone

No 31 and 37 seems to have a similar ring. Are they just recycling campagians?

• headmath
    headmath

Well they got to print something. Just think of the glory one gets at bethel headquarters, to be considered worthy enough to write an anonymous tract! WOW

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

nATHAN ALWAYS COMES UP WITH THE GOOD'S ...... Mar 1918, Kingdom News No. 1, "Religious Intolerance—Pastor Russell’s Followers Persecuted Because They Tell the People the Truth—Treatment of Bible Students Smacks of the 'Dark Ages'" THIS IS A WINNER . the newspapers, and other laugh at russell. predictions about armageddon in 1914 1915 and ww1. and the wt calls this INTOLERANCE? they were treated like in the dark ages? i didn't see any of the jw's burned at the stake. stoned to death. etc. just the public laughing at the leaders of the wt. for being bumbling idiots.Apr 1918, Kingdom News No. 2, "The Finished Mystery and Why Suppressed—Clergymen Take a Hand" funny no clergy can read this worthless rag. and laugh at it in public? but it was really the gov't that asked the wt to remove 15 pages from the book. and the wt complied. even rutherFRAUD admitted in court , he back dated some of the crap in this book to make it sound like prophecy forefulled. funny the wt gives the idea that only rutherFRAUD AND A FEW OTHER JW'S went to jail over the 1798 sediction act and the 1917 esponage act. when i fact 10's of 1000's were arrected and a few 1000 spent up to 15 years in prison. based on this law. 100's of newpapers were totally shut down by the gov't for their anti-war stance. ( but the wt was never shut down) 100's of non jw's were killer for their anti war stance. amny people deported out of the country. for speaking out. but the wt will have jw's think it was only 7 jw's that were persecuted. and they only spent 10 months in jail. not 15 years. all this is simple history anyone can look up on the internet about ww1. there was a jewish newspaper jujst a few blocks from bethel were the police killed a few of the editors. and closed the whole place down. what a web of bullshit the wt spins. john

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Excellent. When they come to our doors, we should have this list ready for them.

Thanks Nathan. That list is pretty impressive and printing it out wouldn't be such a bad idea. It could come in handy in any number of ways. New JWs who are all fired up with this latest "urgent message" might find it quite interesting!

Annie

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks, I did not realize that the kn's were such a big deal, I just thought it was another publication, amongst their many. There are some jws who hand out literature by where I work, about a month ago when there were advanced copies available online, I made sure that these 'sisters' got a copy of the 'big news'.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Surely the fact that it is KN number "37"should make the average Jw question just how vital and urgent it is??

You can bet there will be a 38,39,40........

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    May 1918, Kingdom News No. 3, "Two Great Battles Raging—Fall of Autocracy Certain—Satanic Strategy Doomed to Failure—The Birth of Antichris"

I'm pretty sure I know that guy - he's the one who just hates Chris, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit