PopeOfEruke

or this one:

Dec 1973, Kingdom News No. 17, "Has Religion Betrayed God and Man?"

Yes it has, dear JW!

YOURS HAS!!!

Pope

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I have participated in most of the distributions since #16. But I also remember a compaign back in 1958 in the fall. We were distributing a pamphlet about God's judgment against the governments--seems like the UN was mentioned. I think I have a copy of that pamphlet if I dig deep enough in my closet.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember the one in 1983 "Are We Nearing Armageddon."

We were encouraged just to give it the person at the door, not to talk to them. Some brothers carried that to the point of not evening knocking, just putting it in the door.

I wonder if this guy thinks it isn't funny 22 years later?

*** g84 3/8 p. 29 Watching the World ***

No Longer Funny’

"For years cartoonists and satirists have had fun at the expense of the professional doomsayers," writes Haynes Johnson in TheWashingtonPost. After mentioning those who proclaim, "PREPARE! THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR," he goes on to say: "And there, under the door at home the other day, was another familiar message in the form of a religious leaflet. ‘Are we nearing Armageddon?’ read the words superimposed over a glowering sky and a bolt of jagged lightning bearing down on us." Then Johnson observes: "There was a time when that sort of message would bring indulgent smiles. Suddenly, it no longer seems funny."

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit