Finally time to introduce myself!

by ZIL 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Zil, it's nice that your family are all out even your husband who was keen to be with the dubs earlier on. The JWs have indeed nothing to offer except false promises and exploitation.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I am looking forward to hearing your story. This group is so friendly and welcoming.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

What a nice post. It has made my day.

Thank you....

....and welcome to the board.

Cheers

Chris

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome Zil !

We have not officially DA because of the JW that work for us

That is considerate

• talitha
    talitha

Hello,

My name is Talitha and I was born and raised as a Jehovah Witness...My Mother was in a mental home and used to burn her arms and feet because she had split personalities and was bulimic and anorexic..My father was in jail for a year, so me and my sister were sent to other family's homes in the congregation..It was known to us that they did not want us there and we felt so alone. No one would help us or ask us how we were doing. I remember being picked up by one sister and told that my mom was back in the hospital. I was 12 and I was told to pack a bag for my mother and was dropped off and left alone. I remember crying as I was packing the bag. This happened more than once and what was funny was that not once did an elder come to my home and see if us children were ok or if we needed there support. I am now Disfellowshiped on basis that were so wrong its crazy. I had left when I was 14 to live with an older sister and I had came back and I did smoke. When it came out that I was doing this I was brought before the elders and they questioned me and I answered honestly. They asked if I was sorry and I said yes. Then one of them looked at me and said if you stay here with your mom(take care of her) we will not disfellowship you but if you go back to your sisters we will. I said I can no longer take care of her, I have to take care of me now. I cant change bandages or hold her hand as they scrape her burns...Im sorry..The elders said...You will be disfellowshiped than. I cried and for years did not know what to do. It has taken me years to understand that Im a good person and that I have every right to be happy just as I am. To make a long story short. I was told I could not say goodbye to my father who has Alzheimer's and I was also told to never phone or step foot on there property. This is after years of my mother picking and choosing when she wanted to talk to me. My younger sister is the only one left as a Jehovah Witness and at times I believe it is only because she would not know how to live with me "In the world". Its odd how you still tremble when a plane goes over your head at night. Who knew everyday life could make you so scared that the end is coming. I have waited a long time to say just part of what my life was like.....Thank You

Talitha

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Haha, Yer' goin' to hell now! Love you lots!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Welcome to the board!!

• nsrn
    nsrn

Yes, welcome, Talitha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit