Does Anyone Shun the JWS

by uwishufish 25 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

As a result of the Jehovah’s Witnesses shunning policy I have lost my whole family. Parents, uncle, aunt, cousins, brother, sister, in laws and many friends.

I can see little point in talking to a few stray witnesses who are prepared to break the rules. As a group these people support shunning and are responsible for the damage it does. I insist that they leave me alone unless they wish to apologise for the loss of my family as a result of their beliefs.

There is a church wedding coming up in December. My wife’s cousin, a non Jehovah’s Witnesses, is marrying and we have been invited, along with a few Jehovah’s Witnesses. Given their view that clergy are the agents of Satan they have no right to attend such an occasion. I have also pointed out that they will not join in the ceremony but stand at the back in silent protest.

I have made it clear that if they attend I will not be there. This makes a public statement that they are responsible for their ongoing malice and can not expect to mix in a place of worship to celebrate a couples future while shunning members of that family who will be there.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I just try to avoid them if at all possible. If I have to speak to someone, which is rare because most of them shun us, I put on my fake smile and talk nicey-nice. Then as they are leaving I give them the EVIL EYE and go on my merry way.

mumsy

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

yes i reverse shun a selected group of jw's i've known most of my life. funny they have shunned me for years. but when they need my services. they come around begging me for a favor. this is a site to behold. i ask them in no uncertian terms. you see me all the time and never . even say hello. even tell me to take a walk , when i stop and say hi to you. call me satan. devil apostate etc. now you have the Balls to come to me. because your having a problem with your car. on top of that you want me to fix it for FREE. !!!!!!!! after this goes on for about 10 minutes. they still think i should help them. what a bunch of dopes. i give them the phone number to bethel 718 560 5000 and tell them to call their loving bro's and see what they will do for them? i'm sure they will do the same for you that i will do NOTHING. JOHN

• parakeet
    parakeet

uwishufish: "These are pitiful people. Can they not see are they that stupid?"

No, they can't. That's why they're so pitiful.

• becca1
    becca1

Will it really make you feel good inside to "return evil for evil"?

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Thanks everyone for the replys.

Now in reply to becca1's statement:

Will it really make you feel good inside to "return evil for evil"? I harbor no anomosity toward them and it is not that I see it as returning evil for evil. It's just that THEY SICKEN ME!!! If you've ever been on a farm and watched pigs eat their own excriment THAT SICKENS ME! So I choose not to cast my pearls before these swine. I have no time for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit