Does Anyone Shun the JWS

by uwishufish 25 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

The ones I grew up with always speak to me even the ones who have subsequently become elders and are pioneers.

THEY SICKEN ME!!!

I would like to shun them, eventhough we were freinds growing up.

These are pitiful people. Can they not see are they that stupid?

My family, close and extended, are involved with the jws the extended more so.

My parents have ask me not to make waves for their sake.

Any else have similar feelings?

• Butters
    Butters

You would be happy to know that there are many fabulous Messianics out here in the world who would rather associate with a Methodist or Catholic before speaking to a JW. Even though all Christianity is deceived and wrong for abandoning the Sabbaths and holy feasts and clean foods, tassels, etc. Mainly because the JW's have made the false assumption that Messiah already "returned" invisibly. A lot of Messianics see the 2nd coming and false prophets associated with that as the #1 sin or Anti-Christian action. Most of them will shun the average Christian just for using the false Greek word "Jesus Christ" to describe Yahshua.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I only shun the ones that p*ss me off..The rest I talk to...OUTLAW

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

So far one of the replys sounds like jiberish the other one is understandable.

Thanks for the replys so far.

I still enjoy having one come by my door (game time)as I live in a different area than my former buddys.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No need to give up the ones you can get along with..Good for you! ...OUTLAW

• JK666
    JK666

I am alot like OUTLAW, I only shun the ones that cheese me off! I really wanted to shun the a..holes when I was a Dub, but couldn't justify it. Most of those people shun me now that I am DF'd, so it is not a problem. The others that shun me due to what they are taught, I have no animosity toward. They are just doing their job according to the GB. Many old friends ask about me through my relatives, so I know that they really do care about me. If any of my old friends do want to contact me, I will talk with them with no reservation. John

• CatOnARoof
    CatOnARoof

I dont understand that part of JW organisation. Is it their policy to ignore ppl who "quit"? But they talk to "sinners" all the time trying to convert them. Do families do this as well? Has anyone from your family turn your back on you. I have asked a JW about this, and she answered that they do it to help the one that left.I guess when he/she is all alone out there without any friends, theres'a chance for them to regret and come back. I cant believe a parent would do that though? What if a 16 year old decided to leave JW's? You cant exactly kick them out? Can anyone give me a serious answer? Excuse my ignorance, I dont really know much about JW. I respect all religions to a certain degree and dont see any difference between them. I have my own beliefs too, even though I would never join a religious group or organisation. ppl should believe whatever they want. But I dont like when they try to convert me, assuming I'm the one who's wrong.

• Dansk
    Dansk

NO TIME FOR THEM!

Ian

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Love bomb them.

It works both ways . Well...... it does if you didn't get baptised.

I have never refused an invite to a JW social gathering.

I don't shun my parents, but I do avoid prolonged association with them. My father has an uncontrollable fetish for attributing anything slightly untoward to 'the signs of the times' and I am not in the mood to stand for any more BS. He might as well die with his faith intact. He deserves what he gets. I don't want to be put in a position where I have to destroy his delusions.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They shun me, so I don't have the choice. If one of them spoke to me, I'd reply, but I wouldn't make the first move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit