Let's Get A Woman For President

by Butters 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Butters
    Butters

Uh, hey guys, I was kinda wonderin' what you all think of a woman for president here in 2008? I like the idea myself... In another thread I said "I noticed that I found myself more sorrowful for military funerals then I used to be, and I am finally starting to see Christmas as an act of love, and not so much a disobedience to God's ways. I often thought of how Jesus took the Pharisee's traditions and explained how they were evil, because of how they were being used. They were not seeing the weightier matters of the law, (mercy, love, etc). So what if Christmas has it's origins in Pagan/Babylonian worship. The spirit of love is there, and that is more important to Jesus then anything. It is not a selfish holiday either. It is about giving to others." - I said this in reply to some political topics. But I really think the time is here for out with the old and in with the new. IT's time for some new ideas in the white house. Maybe with a woman for president, it might be easier to get rid of the Watchtower cult.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Maybe with a woman for president, it might be easier to get rid of the Watchtower cult.

Oprah 2008. Anyone but Hilary. Well, not Ellen Degenerous, either.

• Butters
    Butters

I was thinking Oprah... Who are some others that would run?

• skyking
    skyking

I agree I know I would vote for a woman. I would even vote for Hilary to keep a BUSH clone out of office.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Are you aware that we in Germany have a female chancellor, Angela Merkel. Ironically, she is from the conservative party, following the alliance of Socialdemocrats and Green Party that have accomplished the mental shift to make a female chancellor possible.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Since the U.S. has very few women I think would be up to the task as being The Prez, I think we should go to England, bring Margaret Thatcher out of retirement, hire a personal fitness coach (get her shape), change our Constitution to allow her to run and let her take a shot at it....at least we would know where she stood.

• Butters
    Butters

GermanXJW, what kind of "Beeeeer doo yooo drank?"

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'd love to have a woman for president in America. However to give even a tiny amount of favor in your voting selection to a woman, simply for the sake of her being woman, would be horrible mistake, imo.

As we've seen thru watching the train wreck we have now, the job is critical to and affects the physical safety of both Americans' and people around the world, and it's critical to and affects the economic future of ourselves, our children, and people around the world.

To elect a woman based on her being a woman, would be about as shallow and self-defeating as electing a man simply because he seems (to you) more like the kind of person you could have a beer with.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

To elect a woman based on her being a woman, would be about as shallow and self-defeating as electing a man simply because he seems (to you) more like the kind of person you could have a beer with.

While I truly agree with you, it is important that a qualified person be in such a position of responsibility,
    every person in office has had their flaws. Perhaps a change would be in order. A woman might have
    compassion, find the right woman, though, okay.
    Perhaps the man you could have a beer with would be a good president. He's down to earth, he'll get
    a staff that can keep him up to date on issues and decide with his heart and his head, not just polls.

Or it might be a disaster with that guy or that woman. Is that different from what we have now?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Us Brits tried that over 25 years ago.

It's taken us 16 years to recover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit