Were YOU A Mindless Witness?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you on automatic pilot? Did you consider yourself a "Stepford" family member? Did you do everything you were told to do, automatically???

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Were YOU A Mindless Witness?

Of course! IMHO, there is no other kind!

• blondie
    blondie

I was a buffet JW. I picked and chose what I wanted to believe.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I was known as a bit of a rebel who spoke my mind occassionally

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    :I was a buffet JW. I picked and chose what I wanted to believe

Now Blondie where was your appreciation for spiritual feasting.

I was one of the hook, line & sinker guys Min, but then again you knew that.

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

Look at us now, Dis. We don't judge anybody now!

• Woofer
    Woofer

I was a mindless witness!

I was born in the truth and I am still amazed at my LACK of Bible knowledge!!! I studied for all the meetings, gave talks, and went out in the preaching work and I wonder where all my knowledge went! I must have just been going through the motions.

• blondie
    blondie

*** g02 4/22 p. 9 Is "Private Religion" the Answer? ***

Clearly, in many respects private religion falls short of satisfying the spiritual needs of people. Really, how could a person reasonably expect to fill such needs by simply selecting beliefs from various traditions, as if picking the most enticing dishes at a buffet table or smorgasbord?

• minimus
    minimus

One thing about being a JW is that all the thinking is done for you. All you have to do is read out of a Reasoning book to a householder an answer to a question. Imagine that! You don't even have to think!! Surely, the "Slave" takes care of us!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was never mindless in my studying. I just wasn't using the mind the proper way, so I was fooled.
    I questioned lots of stuff while studying, but got answers. I should have looked outside the org. to
    verify answers.

Up until 1995, I believed everything, but was not really presented with Old Light/ New Light conflicts
    before that. Since then, I doubted and studied better, but still promoted WTS teachings. That
    makes me feel more duped than ever, doubting and still teaching it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit