Were YOU A Mindless Witness?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I went through various stages. As a teenager, I went through the motions, did enough to keep folks off my back but wasn't hard core. In my early 20s, I was pretty hard core and promptly got "promoted" to a MS. I kept that up and was "promoted" again. Yet, despite my seeming hard core outlook, when it came to beliefs, I secretly harbored doubts. Some big, some small. Once I was an elder for a while, I started wanting reform. This lead to me moving from the hard core side to a more liberal position. Recently, I've come to the conclusion that reform isn't possible.

I was always careful when discussing doubts to only talk to folks about things that the WTS said they weren't sure on (which admittedly isn't much). I don't think I ever raised suspicion. Sometimes, I wish I could go back and erase everything I've learned because I'm concerned about the potential family issues that may be looming. But, I still believe in God and when I look at that new tract and see the "identifying marks of false religion" I can't help but notice that JWs fit every category. So, I'm coming to the realization that in order to be loyal to Jehovah, I'm going to need to leave.

• becca1
    becca1

I know how you feel Doubting Bro. I have not been in service since June, and there is no way I am distributing that tract.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit