Womens Right`s are they Wrong?

by dido 87 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***Your ridiculous view of women and what you think their roles in life are is no different than if a Black person came on the board saying that they don't think that Civil Rights in the 1960s did much good and that black people should only take menial jobs so that they could continue to be treated like second class citizens.***

Hail Mary! Let's see what happens when we replace "women" with "Blacks" in her original post:

[Blacks] today fight for `[Civil]`s right`s` but are they doing [Blacks] any favours?
    As far as i can see, they have just made it harder for them.....
    i think they have done us a disservice, by trying to be `equal` to [Whites] in the workplace. I`ve noticed that [Blacks] get to ... start to regret ... , mainly because they havent had the inclination up til then.
    [...]
    [Blacks] can still have your own time for any interests once the jobs are done, admittedly it`s harder as a jw as they expect all your `free time` for service meetings etc.

~Sue

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I can only speak for myself and my situation. I have been given a lot of flac by some people in my life for not marrying my sons father and not wanting to be a stay at home mom. I have been called selfish and crazy. The people who have given me this "well meaning" advice have not considered the long term consequences for me. I would be 100% dependent on 1 person. I have no intention of marrying him so what if we broke up 10 years from now? Where would I be then? Having to start at the bottom of the career ladder. No thank you. I will pass. I am so greatful for the women who came before me and fought for womens rights. If my man and I broke up tomorrow I would be able to stand on my own 2 feet. It makes me feel really secure knowing if he decided not to pay me 1 penny in child support my son and I would be just fine without it.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I am so greatful for the women who came before me and fought for womens rights. If my man and I broke up tomorrow I would be able to stand on my own 2 feet. It makes me feel really secure knowing if he decided not to pay me 1 penny in child support my son and I would be just fine without it.

This is precisely my point; choice, empowerment and self reliance - all result from historic campaigns for equal rights.

DB74

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary- as far as i`m concerned you are the one putting women down by saying that if they stay at home, they are braindead.

And you are different----how? You lump ALL women who work outside the home as being "selfish" or "materialistic" or "jealous" of stay at home moms.

I`ve noticed how you always use negative examples, not everyone lives like the ones you have given, there were some very nice people in the org, some sincere ones who were very wise, and not up to their eyes in debt, just normal everyday people who thought they were doing the right thing.

I have no problem with any woman who decides to stay home and raise her children. I do however, have a problem with your 1950s mentality towards women who chose NOT to stay at home, and who chose instead to have a career for themselves.

I never critized intelligent women at all, and i`m 100% happy with my over a quarter million house and business, with everything paid for.

For the record, a "quarter million dollar house" in England is worth about $100,000 around here----not exactly luxurious. Not that you were trying to impress anyone right?

So who am i supposed to be jealous of?

Oh I don't know. Maybe women who were better educated than you, maybe someone who has a bigger house than you, or maybe just the man in the moon. You see what I'm saying? Don't automatically assume that women who go out to work are somehow "jealous" of women who spend their days "cooking /cleaning/ washing/ bringing up five kids" and I won't assume that you're automatically jealous of women who are better educated than you. Just one more thing dido (which you STILL haven't answered): You said: "....i am not saying women aren`t equal, i`m saying they have lost their `role` in life" and "...Ask a lot of men, and they admire women who want to stay in the role that was intended for them, `barefoot and pregnant`, let`s face it we are the weaker vessell, so women should stop trying to act like men!..." How is this absurd notion any different than if a black person said: "....i am not saying that black people aren`t equal, i`m saying they have lost their `role` in life" or how about: "....Ask a lot of white people, and they admire blacks who want to stay in the role that was intended for them, let`s face it we are the lesser of two races, so black people should stop trying to act like white people..." Just answer this one question dido. How is your view about women any different than the above scenario I just gave you.

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

hey hey hey what's all the fussin and fighting for folks , we can dissagree on issues you know.

• dido
    dido

Last post on this mudslinging post

Mary- i thought you said you were intelligent? £300.000 = to $600.000, not $100.000. are you trying to drum up sympathy for black people with the comparison?

diamondblue- why can`t people debate without it becoming personal? because there are some bullies on here, and braindead morons like chiddy, who haven`t got anything better to do than sling mud, or talk dirty! I like the way juni had to join in with her name calling, showed her true colours.

• under_believer
    under_believer

What I support for ALL humans is personal dignity, freedom of choice, and adherence to personal responsibility. You make out what that means for "Women's Rights."

Personal experience: my wife, by her own choice, is a stay-at-home mom. Had she wanted a professional career (and she still may, later), I would have supported her in that, but only as long as it didn't affect our children negatively. I would even have been willing to hinder my own career for this goal, but it wasn't necessary and it has to be said that we make more money this way (I'm an engineer with high earning potential.) My wife is what I'd describe as a rabid supporter of women's rights and also a traditionalist. This is what she chose and I support her in it.

• Simon
    Simon

dido

I suggest you learn to debate properlyand also do not send insulting PMs

This is the second time you have got all pissy after people disagree with you. Guess what THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF A DISCUSSION FORUM.

chiddy

LIkewise, you should not send PMs like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit