Womens Right`s are they Wrong?

by dido 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary- you sound a very angry person, have i touched a raw nerve here or something?

I'm angry that you're purposely putting women into the second class citizen again, where they don't do anything more than be a Stepford Wife. Your ridiculous view of women and what you think their roles in life are is no different than if a Black person came on the board saying that they don't think that Civil Rights in the 1960s did much good and that black people should only take menial jobs so that they could continue to be treated like second class citizens.

Is it because you haven`t had the opportunity to be a stay at home mum? Is there a bit of jealousy there

No I've not had the opportunity to be a stay at home mom and never will have. I had to have a hysterectomy after being diagnosed with endometrial cancer so the decision to become a mother was taken away from me. Am I jealous of those who have children? No, that would be a bit ridiculous. I love children, but to be jealous of someone else that had them would be extremely childish on my part.

you mentioned sisters out on service, as a social outlet. Maybe they weren`t intersted in talking about working in stuffy environments? I was one of them, that was after i finished cooking /cleaning/ washing/ bringing up five kids, i wanted some light relief, so what?

Oh christ, what a stupid attitude you have. I was looking for some intelligent conversation----I like to discuss history, politics, the environment, technology and these women would just look at you and twirp "...I don't know about any of that!" You seem to think a woman shouldn't have any ideas beyond cooking, cleaning, washing or rearing children. Guess what? It's called "using your brain". Oh I forgot----that would mean forgetting "your place".

I must make it clear here, i am not saying women aren`t equal.

That is exactly what you are saying dido. By insinuating that a woman should have no ambition beyond being a stay at home mom, you are saying that women are not as intelligent as men, plain and simple.

• chiddy
    chiddy

Your dead right Mary and she has always got to have the last word as well

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

Wow, I was surprised at what I was reading. If you want to stay at home and be a mom, then fine. That is what my mom did. That may be right for some people, but certainly not everyone. Is it so terrible to get equal pay for equal work? To not be the property of some man? To vote? To own property? How has women's rights hurt women? This topic does touch a nerve for me because I get tired of hearing that weaker vessel crap at the meetings. I just can't understand how a woman could feel this way. Whats wrong with women having a choice about what they want to do with their life?

• acsot
    acsot
    The fact that my marriage was so good is that my husband didn`t want me to work,he cared about his kids, and wanted them looked after properly,

dido, you can't see the inconsistencies in your posts and your own judgmental attitude towards others. You probably don't see the sweeping generalizations you've just made either.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Well, I believe in equal pay for equal work and a woman's right NOT to bear a rapist's child if she doesn't want to. I believe in a woman's right to seek a divorce and other basic human rights, etc.

The problem with the feminist movement is that the feminists are generally wealthy women who comprise just a small percentage of the population. These women are trying to reach great heights (like run for president). I am not judging them. I am just not that ambitious.

Very often, their agendas are not the agendas of the average woman.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

women's rights

pl.n.

1 Socioeconomic, political and legal rights equal to those of men

2 A movement in support of these rights

The American Heritage Dictionary 2000

I don't see anything wrong with the above.

• Mary
    Mary
    The fact that my marriage was so good is that my husband didn`t want me to work,he cared about his kids, and wanted them looked after properly,

Why do these pictures come to mind when I read this?

• dido
    dido

chiddy-you are a sleaze ball who has to jump on the bandwagon if somebody is having a debate, like `ganging` up in the playground!. I haven`t seen you post anything of interest, just sleazy topics, which fit your bill.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Mary, I admire your well written posts, you are spot on.

However I think your beating your head against a wall when your speaking to Dido.

She has ignored many of the good points you have made.

• chiddy
    chiddy

Thats ok there is something for everyone here, I'm not very well educated , did not do very well at school and I don't read and write very well, I admire the posts of Mary, Under Believer, Blondie, little Toe , Alan F to name a few, I respect their research opinions etc And i would not even attempt to even lace their shoes, shame cannot say the same about some others though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit