Womens Right`s are they Wrong?

by dido 87 Replies latest jw friends

• dido
    dido

Mary- don`t try putting words in my mouth, i never said women are 2nd class citizens. Staying at home doesn`t make them 2nd class, it`s how you view it, which is obviously your problem. As far as being jealous of having children, i didn`t say that either, i said you were jealous of sisters who were able to go on field service, some of them might not have had kids, i said you were jealous of their lifestyle. You say that the conversation on service wasn`t intelligent, well i can`t speak about your area, but there were some very intelligent women who had a lot of wisdom and advice where i live, and i can`t believe that you think `politics` is intelligent!! everyone knows it`s a load of unscrupulous men trying to get to the top and make a name for themselves, take your president for instance, he hasn`t done a very good job, turning the world against America with his policies!

• juni
    juni

Dido, I feel you owe a personal apology to Mary and a general apology for being so harsh on others.

You brought up your Topic to get others' opinions and then you lambast others when their opinion doesn't agree with yours.

After reading your Profile I see that you were "recently" divorced so there must be some leftover issues which you are dealing with. We want to treat people with kindness and respect at this Forum. We all have carried our own torture stake!! Be it with this religion or our own personal life's issues.

There is a way to disagree respectfully and you haven't by your cutting words and accusations.

Words do hurt and I hope that you will take this seriously and make amends.

Juni

• dido
    dido

juni- how have i made cutting remarks? Give me an example? I have been talking in general terms, and not at anyone personally, except for chiddy who chose to start attacking me. It` s a case of board bullying if you ask me. I have answered different ones respectfully. the trouble is with some of the people on this forum, they can give it out but can`t take it back.

• acsot
    acsot

chiddy:

I'm not very well educated , did not do very well at school and I don't read and write very well,

but you seem interested in learning, which is what counts. Unlike dido, who can't see the venom with which her posts are laced whenever people give a rebuttal to what she says. And she has done this not only on this post but on others as well. She seems incapable of an honest exchange of ideas with the prospect of perhaps learning something from others. Her mind is made up and she's only interested in preaching her limited point of view to others.

• dido
    dido

acsot- thats right little sheep, jump on the bandwagon, pethetic

• chiddy
    chiddy

Thanks for your kind words Acsot

• acsot
    acsot

Poor dido, I really do feel sorry for you.

• dido
    dido

acsot- get a life, you haven`t got anything to say for yourself, you just latch onto other people`s posts, and join the bullies, there`s a problem on here with that.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I haven't read all these posts, but I know property prices doubled over and above normal market increases in the decade where women started working and never recovered. So now you need two incomes to buy a house in England instead of one, so yes.. I see what you mean dido.

• Mary
    Mary

Mary- don`t try putting words in my mouth, i never said women are 2nd class citizens. Staying at home doesn`t make them 2nd class, it`s how you view it, which is obviously your problem.
    OK, this is ridiculous. Dido, I"m not sure what planet you're from, but if staying at home didn't make women second class citizens, then women would have never stood up for Women's Rights and say "we can do more than this". Like I said, your view that women should stay at home is no different than a black person saying that Civil Rights was wrong and black people need to go back to being housekeepers, cooks or working in the cotton fields. I noticed you totally ignored this comparison.
    As far as being jealous of having children, i didn`t say that either, i said you were jealous of sisters who were able to go on field service
    LMFAO......Ya, I was sooooo jealous of being a mindless drone who went out knocking on doors midweek instead of working for a living. I don't think so. I've pioneered in the past and I've worked full time (still do) and there's absolutely no comparison between the two. It doesn't take a great amount of intelligence to knock on someone's door and offer them the latest issues of the Craptower and Asleep magazines. I use more brain power at work in 5 minutes than what a pioneer does all month.
    I said you were jealous of their lifestyle.
    WTH? Why would I be jealous of their lifestyle? These women kept their families up to their eyeballs in debt because they were constantly trying to outdo each other and were always bugging their husbands to make more, more, more, yet they wouldn't get off their lazy asses and go get a job themselves. Furthermore they backstabbed each other and simply went through the motions day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. Not a whole hell of a lot to be jealous of.
    You say that the conversation on service wasn`t intelligent, well i can`t speak about your area, but there were some very intelligent women who had a lot of wisdom and advice where i live, and i can`t believe that you think `politics` is intelligent!! everyone knows it`s a load of unscrupulous men trying to get to the top and make a name for themselves
    (why do I feel like I'm having a conversation with a Circuit Overseer's wife?) Dido, there's more to politics than the bland statement you made above. And I like to discuss alot more than politics as I mentioned (which you again ignored). It seems to me that your suggestion that I must have been jealous of the women in my Hall is nothing more than double-speak; perhaps you criticize intelligent women who have made more of themselves than what you have. Did I strike a nerve?
    take your president for instance, he hasn`t done a very good job, turning the world against America with his policies!
    If you had read what I said in my first comment, I'm not an American---I'm a Canadian.

Chiddy said: I'm not very well educated , did not do very well at school and I don't read and write very well, I admire the posts of Mary, Under Believer, Blondie, little Toe , Alan F to name a few, I respect their research opinions etc And i would not even attempt to even lace their shoes,

Chiddy you're a sweetie, but don't ever think you're less than anyone else. I'm no rocket scientist and am just going through to get my degree now when I should have done it 20 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit