First law of thermodynamics vs God vs Big Bang

by EndofMysteries 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm
    Caedes: Works even better if you imagine the earth is rotating so fast you are going at about 2000km/h round and round :-).
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

The use of these words is intended to give the reader of your post the impression that the bible writers were unbiased reporters.

Is that what you think, do you?

The facts are that the bible writers were not reporters hence the widely dissimilar writing styles throughout the book.

Says you.

I hope that is a sufficiently simple explanation of the differences

Why did you conclude that the author meant that?

I ought to point out that tangencies actually implies the common points between the two theories

Now you are thinking. That is what the author meant. That is the point.

Since you so very kindly allowed me to believe what I like about your posts I will also assume

As I have shown before, you assume too much and you jump to conclusions. That is what your posts unveil about your thinking. I mean no disrespect.

I am going to move on...

Respectfully,

Fish

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Caedes: Works even better if you imagine the earth is rotating so fast you are going at about 2000km/h round and round :smile:.

Not only is the earth rotating that fast, it's also orbiting the sun at around 1800km/h. And our sun is also moving through the Milky Way galaxy at around 800,000km/h. And the Milky Way isn't standing still either. As a whole, it is moving through space at around 36,000 km/h.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Thanks for the posts about motion, view of motion, and the explanations posted. Enjoyed reading them very much as I am sure everyone on this thread has also. Very interesting stuff.!

• Caedes
    Caedes

Is that what you think, do you?

Yes, it's a skill called English comprehension, you should try it some time. For example given the nature of your posts and your screen name it is not difficult to work out that your name refers to the book of Matthew rather than a preference for sitting for hours with a rod and line.

The facts are that the bible writers were not reporters hence the widely dissimilar writing styles throughout the book.

Says you.

Have you not read the bible? The bible writers vary greatly in style, the one style they don't use is journalistic reporting. It is a fact, you merely have to read your bible to see the evidence.

I hope that is a sufficiently simple explanation of the differences

Why did you conclude that the author meant that?

Because the author was incapable of expressing him or herself clearly.

I ought to point out that tangencies actually implies the common points between the two theories

Now you are thinking. That is what the author meant. That is the point.

The common points between the two theories is Newtonian physics, Relativity builds on the principles of Newtonian physics. You haven't made a point at all and certainly nothing in relation to your original question. Your original question shows that you know little about physics and yet now you are claiming that you have made some point about relativity? So why not actually state what your point is if you have one?

Since you so very kindly allowed me to believe what I like about your posts I will also assume

As I have shown before, you assume too much and you jump to conclusions. That is what your posts unveil about your thinking. I mean no disrespect.

Since I am not the only person to point out that you are incapable of stating your opinions clearly then perhaps you ought to take on board the criticism about your dreadful word salad. I will make another assumption and guess that any reply you make will also utterly fail to address any of the actual points I made. For example I answered both your question about reconciling quantum mechanics and relativity and the one about why I believe the bible to be myth and you completely ignored those answers in favour of some poorly thought out ad hominen attack when the only criticism you can make of my original answer is that you didn't like what I wrote. What this reveals is that you are not here to listen even to the answers to your own questions and that your opinions are so delicate that they are unable to cope with a dissenting view.

I have never understood some peoples need to say 'no disrespect' when they mean the precise opposite, at least have the balls to stand by your insults.

BTW referring to oneself in the third person 'i.e. the author' makes you sound very pretentious, I would suggest not doing it if you don't want to sound to sound like a twat.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Fisherman, previously you said that only the author of a post can know exactly what he or she means, now you you are telling someone what they are actually saying. You are contradicting yourself. Which thing you said is true? I ask because both can't be true.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I don't understand why it gets so personal and childish in this forum.

When someone puts their hand up in real life and asks for an explination of thermodynamics, they respectfully listen to the answer and thank the person who has taken the time and effort to learn it, in the context that the person asking has not.

Here we are reduced to infant behaviour.....and by people with no understanding of the topic. Grow up. Do some reading, don't attack the people taking the time to explain it, if it's contrary to your world view.....Attack your world view......or deny the evidence,....t's up to you. But do it nicely, respectfully.....and quietly.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Viviane,

I suspect fishy is going to bail on this thread very shortly! Can't have the filthy mudbloods pointing out the gaping holes in fishy's arguments.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I suspect fishy is going to bail on this thread very shortly! Can't have the filthy mudbloods pointing out the gaping holes in fishy's arguments.

That tends to happen when you ask tough questions of internet preachers. They can't admit they don't know what they are talking about and they can't refuse to answer every time they are asked. Bailing out and moving on to another thread is the only way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit