Older WT quote reveals attitude toward disfellowshipped family members

by OnTheWayOut 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

My gods, that was truly sickening. Unbelievable. Yes, it does sound like a joke... I find myself going over the lines of the stoning sketch from Monty Python in The Life of Brian just to keep my sanity...

MATTHIAS:
    Look. I don't think it ought to be blasphemy, just saying 'Jehovah'.
    CROWD:
    Oooh! He said it again! Oooh!...
    OFFICIAL:
    You're only making it worse for yourself!
    MATTHIAS:
    Making it worse?! How could it be worse?! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!
    CROWD:
    Oooooh!...
    OFFICIAL:
    I'm warning you. If you say 'Jehovah' once more--
    [MRS. A. stones OFFICIAL]
    Right. Who threw that?
    [silence]
    Come on. Who threw that?
    CROWD:
    She did! It was her! He! He. Him. Him. Him. Him. Him. Him.

GaryBuss, I am without words. I just don't know what to say, except to send you a hug. Gods.

Forscher, thanks for the diary... that was amazing.

Atlantis, thanks for the scans. It's somehow even more chilling to see it in that old familiar KS layout.

And PandaPet, my Darlin'... I think you know how much I love you, too. *wink*

• bennyk
    bennyk
    The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

You can almost feel their dismay; after all, if you can't kill YOUR RELATIVES, who can you kill?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OTWO,

Hypocrisy and dis-honesty is rampant here, as many active elders and other rankage post here, yet do not share the wealth of information and support that they so freely gain, with their flocks, that they care so deeply for.

That astounds me. Does that level of deceit and selishness astound you? Do you think the flock should also be able to read and post here, on the most informative discussion site available? How can the rankage accomplish this?

sf, I don't get it. Explain all of it.

• freetosee
    freetosee
    We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Wow, I can remember that kind of reasoning in speeches of the older hardcore jws, but haven’t seen it in wt writing so boldly. Thanks, I’ve saved it. fts

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    bennyk
    The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.
    You can almost feel their dismay; after all, if you can't kill YOUR RELATIVES, who can you kill?

I was totally stunned by that statement, also. I hoped someone else brought it up.
    Having a relative who stops believing the WTS, or who leads a sinful life- This should
    give a JW the right to KILL him? Show me the son or daughter who will do that to
    his mother. They may rat you out to Big Mother in the warped name of Governing Body Justice
    but this organization goes too far. This is evil.

• sf
    sf

OTWO,

It's pretty self explanatory. What specifically are you having trouble comprehending about what I speak of regarding hypocrisy and self-ishness, in my above statement?

Perhaps a brief look at my recent posting history can help you sort it out. I keep saying the same thing. I am hoping it sinks in pretty soon. Because I truly think all jws deserve a wealth of information, from their rank/ file leaders. And if so many of them have no problem being here, taking information and using it to gain insight and accurate knowledge, then there shouldnot be this problem of any jws being able to access this site too.

Is that a bit more clear OTWO?

sKally

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

sf,

we all have the ability to discover this site on our own and keep it a secret from the other active JW's.
    I am doing that. Some will decide to DA, others to fade, many to just keep reading and doing
    what they want (continue as elder, publisher, pioneer, whatever).

As far as congregation leaders telling the flock the truth, I didn't bother. Their minds are borg-ified.
    In my opinion, (remember it's my OPINION, not a fact) the elder who does share the truth about
    issues by talks, flyers, secrets, or other ways- he only looks like an apostate that Satan has gotten
    to. Better to just drastically change your ways, allow others who are sincerely concerned to approach
    you and ask what's up. Others who don't change their elder ways, I am a bit perplexed. I don't know
    how I could have stayed in a position, knowing the truth about 1975, the UN, SilentLambs, etc.

sf, What kind of response would I get if I took this 1952 WT to the brothers and sisters, with perhaps
    some highlights in it (as I have done) but offering no comments? I would get the elder shuffle leading
    to a judicial committee and a DF to strain my family and marital relationships. I choose not to have those
    things- WTS has done enough damage to my life. If you feel the need to share what you learn, I offer
    you a pat on the back- GO GET THEM.

• Perry
    Perry

My mother told me somthing similar as that told to Garybuss. She said that if we lived in ancient times they would probably have to stone me. I was 6 or 7 at the time. (because I was a bad kid apparently) She told me that because we don't live back then I need not worry about it. Children internalize that kind of excrement big time. I know I did. I used to imagine how it would feel with the rocks hitting my head. Thanks to "taking in knowledge" I was thankful for years that I only got beat on a failrly regular basis by my father and not publically stoned.

Anyway, BTTT. Is the quote below saying what I think it's saying? That if you accept material things from yoiur mate you need to put out as payment?

The marriage partner would render the marriage dues according to the law of the land and in due payment for all material benefits bestowed and accepted.

Where did the people come from that wrote this twisted stuff.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Perry,

I believe it says what you think it says. So, a marriage is a wonderful union when two people serve Jah together,
    but the Governing Body tells a faithful spouse of an apostate to just be a whore.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The same hugs and sincere feelings that garybuss gets go to Perry also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit