Older WT quote reveals attitude toward disfellowshipped family members

by OnTheWayOut 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• parakeet
    parakeet

garybuss, you must be made of good stuff to have come through such horrible experiences intact.

The WTS sugarcoats its disfellowshipping policy now, but underneath the thin crust are the sentiments expressed in the article quoted above. Makes you wonder -- If, hypothetically, the WTS were ever to authorize their followers to kill apostates, how many would actually do it?

• PandaPet
    PandaPet

At the time I left the organization, it wasn't a decision of fading, it was "I'll go back when I have my shit together", but fade is what I did. Looking back, I am extremely grateful it occurred that way. I have too many family members still in that would further strain my relationships.

I have decided not to let them take any more of my family from me, I don't agree with anything else, why should I hold myself to their lables?

I ran into a girl that I had studied when we were in elementary school, she is still in and looking quite miserable, I must say, but the first thing she said was, "Are you disfellowshipped?" There wasn't any small talk to work up to it. The second thing she said was, "Weren't you baptized?" I said, "Nope not disfellowshipped," and "Yes, I was." She really didn't know what else to say. She did leave me with the admonishment that if we pray and put our burdens on Jehovah we can find our way back. I said, "I pray all the time, it's so important."

There wasn't anything she could really say. I do realize that if I had been DF'd it wouldn't be just old friends treating me like a leper, it would be my precious family. The article above has given me chills. It's scary the amount of control they exercise.

At least I do have a few I can be myself with, love you BabaYaga!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for sharing PandaPet,

I am happy for your fade, ability to have a family relationship of sorts with JW's. I hope to do the same.

• sf
    sf
    If, hypothetically, the WTS were ever to authorize their followers to kill apostates, how many would actually do it?

Excellent inquiry.

Let's see if any active jws, elders and such that post here to get honest and tell us if they would actually kill an "apostate". NOT just any disfellowshipped jw. It has to be an "apostate".

sKally

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Let's see if any active jws, elders and such that post here to get honest and tell us if they would actually kill an "apostate".

Like they would admit it. They can't. The WTS is clear that they can't do it, according to the Law (of Man and of God).
    I am talking about attitude here. The WTS says, "You can't kill them, they are worthy of death, we used to kill them, so
    you can, at the very least, treat them with the disgust that we tell you they deserve."

• dobbie
    dobbie

THis is absolutely disgusting - bet they'd like to ressurrect the concentration camps and gas all 'apostates' and their kids too i expect.Reading this made me feel feel sick to the stomach.

• restrangled
    restrangled

What a VILE article. That attitude is still prevalent, and I know the JC comittee that originally dealt with me would have loved to stone me to death. They had a look in their eyes.

Taking a look at history..... it is very easy for a "group" to justify any behaivor, one being the Nazi's. Horrible attrocities were comitted by individuals just following orders or the group mentality. Later everyone denied their behaivor and to this day, some believe it never took place. (Ahem, does this remind you of anything?)

Imagine what it would be like in the New Order with that kind of thinking. No laws to follow but their own.

r.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Ithink this is a pretty good place to post the following link to a piece by Michael Pendley which kind of says it all:

Diary of an Armageddon Survivor.

Enjoy!

Forscher

• sf
    sf

OTWO,

Hypocrisy and dis-honesty is rampant here, as many active elders and other rankage post here, yet do not share the wealth of information and support that they so freely gain, with their flocks, that they care so deeply for.

That astounds me. Does that level of deceit and selishness astound you? Do you think the flock should also be able to read and post here, on the most informative discussion site available? How can the rankage accomplish this?

Any rankage care to share how they will share the wealth?

sKally

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Watchtower-1952-November-15-pp.703-704 If these scans don't work please use the links. http://www.wirefiles.com/show.php/8329_WT5210001.jpg http://www.wirefiles.com/show.php/8330_WT5220001.jpg Cheers! Atlantis-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit