Heard at last Sunday talk...

by Justice-One 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    My point was that the U.S. claimed to have won the war and this was taught to generations of school childen, almost none of whom were informed that the U.S. Capitol had been razed by British troops.

I understand where you are coming from. - Kinda makes you wonder what the Brits must have to say about that disagreement with the "colonies" awhile back.

But I had been taught in school (back in the day) that the Brits had indeed sacked Washington and burned most of the public buildings. So it was no suprise to me.

But like Washington burning, if you are a TRUE beleiving JW, 1975 never really happened right?

• sf
    sf
    What a complete bunch of LIES. Saidly, many true "Orwellians" will go alone with it, like it really happened that way. God, I hate these people!

They will go along with it unless...

Someone speaks up to the flock and tells them it is lies.

It astounds me how the truth about this org is known by many active rankage here, yet they "go along with it (THE LIES)" to "save family". ISN'T THE FLOCK YOUR FAMILY?

Indeed, what is truly sad is how silent they remain while the flock is steadily deceived and in danger (lethal policies).

If only the congregants knew what so many other active jws and rankage know, by coming here and other informative sites, about their devotion to...A BOOK PUBLISHING COMPANY THAT PASSES ITSELF OFF AS A TRUE, LOVING RELIGION.

But alas. I suppose it will always be us who go forth and diligently try to share the wealth of information and support that the rankage fail so miserably at.

sKally

• jgnat
    jgnat
    My point was that the U.S. claimed to have won the war and this was taught to generations of school childen, almost none of whom were informed that the U.S. Capitol had been razed by British troops.

And here I thought the US had invaded Canadian soil. I agree with the assessment of "stalemate". You lose your white house, we keep our borders...fair deal. http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/on/fortgeorge/edu/edu9_e.asp

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

We're still keeping an eye on ya though.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah. What's all that talk of building a fence? You want us to keep our wandering Moose?

• heathen
    heathen

I still say this is a representative democracy . Government cannot make law without the consent of the people via the house of representatives. The only reason it's called a republic is because the president has power of veto . It does anger me to see the chananigans that goes on in the US government . These people are always screaming democracy but in reality represent tyranny .

• moshe
    moshe

I had an elderly JW lady tell me a few months ago that they never said that Armageddon would come in 1975. I told her, "you need to stop lying, Jehovahs knows you aren't telling the truth" It kind of took her by surprise that she got challenged. Needless to say, she put her mags away and took off.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    The brother giving the talk said that the Society has NEVER made a prediction about when the end would come.

If I'm not mistaken I believe Charles Taze Russell initially said that 1914 would be the end. Then changed it when nothing happened. He also said that Christ came back in 1874, then changed it to 1914. How about the famous "Millions now living will never die" speech by Judge Rutherford. Those millions that heard that are in fact DEAD now. What a bunch of bullshit.

The Claw.

• blondie
    blondie

** w84 2/15 pp. 23-24 Always Ready for the End ***

The year 1925 also held expectations for Jehovah's servants. It was thought that a cycle of 70 typical Jubilees (70 × 50 years) from the time Israel entered the Promised Land would end in 1925 and mark the beginning of the great antitypical Jubilee, the Millennial Reign of Christ Jesus. It did not turn out that way.

And it wasn't the elective elders or the rank and file that put forth this erroneous idea. "It was thought" is away of making it seem it was renegade Bible Students who had the thought.

Millions Now Living Will Never Die Booklet (1920) by J.F. Rutherford

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/millions/millions5.html#page87

THE JUBILEE

An understanding of the jubilee system which Jehovah inaugurated with Israel throws a great light upon the immediate future events. The Scriptures clearly show that Israel, while God dealt with them for more than eighteen centuries, was a typical people. Their law was typical, foreshadowing greater and better things to come. The Lord commanded Moses to institute the Sabbath system the year that Israel entered the land of Canaan, which was 1575 years before A. D. 1 (Leviticus 25:1-12), and that every fiftieth year should be unto them a year of jubilee. This was done on the tenth day of the seventh month, the day of atonement. "And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year and proclaim freedom throughout the land unto all the inhabitants thereof; it shall be a jubilee unto you and ye shall return every man unto his possessions and ye shall return every man unto his family. Other Scriptures show that there were to be

Page 88

seventy jubilees kept. (Jeremiah 25:11; 2 Chronicles 36:17-21) A simple calculation of these jubilees brings us to this important fact: Seventy jubilees of fifty years each would be a total of 3500 years. That period of time beginning 1575 before A. D. 1 of necessity would end in the fall of the year 1925, at which time the type ends and the great antitype must begin. What, then, should we expect to take place? In the type there must be a full restoration; therefore the great antitype must mark the beginning of restoration of all things. The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favor, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth. Messiah's kingdom once established, Jesus and his glorified church constituting the great Messiah, shall minister the blessings to the people they have so long desired and hoped for and prayed might come. And when that time comes, there will be peace and not war, as the prophet beautifully states: "In the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above

Page 89

the hills; and people shall flow unto it. And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks; nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid; for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it." -Micah 4:1-4.

EARTHLY RULERS

As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925. At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized. The Apostle Paul in the eleventh chapter of Hebrews names a long list of faithful men who died before the crucifixion of the Lord and before the beginning of the selection of the church. These can never be a part of the heavenly class; they had no heavenly hopes; but God has in store something good for them. They are to be resurrected as perfect men and constitute the princes or rulers in the earth, according to his promise. (Psalm 45:16; Isaiah 32:1; Matthew 8:11) Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham,

Page 90

Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews chapter eleven, to the condition of human perfection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit